Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

We rang in the new year last night with some sweet friends from church.  It was very low~key and very nice.  In the past we've invited several families over on this night, but this year I purposely only invited two families.  The other one couldn't make it, so it was just us four adults and our six kids.

We didn't last long past midnight, either.  They were gone by twelve thirty and Todd and I were in bed right after.  ;)  At least we made it to midnight, though!

This morning I got up and started on my chronological Bible reading for 2014.


When I finished the day's reading assignment, I got out a new, clean three ring binder and filled it with notebook paper, then I decorated the front of it.  (You know my school supply nerdy tendencies, right?  I was at my finest this morning.)  Each day along with the reading, there are questions that go along with that day's reading that are on Iva May's blog.  She's the one who has written the study guide that corresponds with the reading plan.

I did a little cleaning, and a little laundry, then we all got dressed and headed to my Mom's and Bill's for lunch.  :)  The boys were thrilled that we were going out there, because any time we go is an opportunity to shoot their BB guns and other artillery.  ;)  And they love Big Daddy's food.  That's just a bonus.

We had a yummy lunch of pork chops, turnip greens, black-eyed peas, cabbage, potato casserole and rolls and cornbread.  After lunch, some of us took a nap.  ;)


This is the second time in a week that I've caught her in the nap position.  She didn't get too mad...I actually think she looks really beautiful in this picture, kinda like Sleeping Beauty.  And of course, it went straight to Instagram and Facebook.  ;)

The boys went shooting, Todd and Bill went to try to clean up some fallen limbs, and the girls stayed inside to chat.  We were actually doing a little Facebook stalking.  I'm not even kidding.

My sisters and nephew left, and we stayed a little longer.  I made Toddley pose for a selfie.


He picked the black and white filter, not me.  I figured if he was kind enough to pose, he could have the final say in which filter I used.

We finally packed all our stuff up and came home.


Noah was waiting on us to walk outside.  It was a wonderful, relaxing day.  We are so blessed to be able to spend any time we can with family.  I hope your day was great, too.  :)  Happy New Year and love to all.

p.s. You know I don't do resolutions for the New Year, right?  I haven't in ages.  One thing I've done for the past few years is to come up with a word for my year.  I think I have found mine!  Do you do this?  What do you do, if you don't do this?  I would love to hear all about it, so share some comment love!  Please.  And thank you!

My word for this year is "present".  Here's what it means:

pres·ent1
ˈprezənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person) in a particular place.
    "a doctor must be present at the ringside"
    synonyms:in attendance, heretherenearnearby, (close/near) at hand, availableMore
  2. 2.
    existing or occurring now.
    "she did not expect to find herself in her present situation"
    synonyms:currentpresent-dayexisting More
noun


1.
the period of time now occurring.
"they are happy and at peace, refusing to think beyond the present"

synonyms:nowtoday, the present time/moment, the here and now
"forget the past and think about the present"
 

I am using this word in the noun form.  I am resolving to be present everyday this year.  I wasn't present everyday in 2013.  Sometimes my mind was elsewhere and other times I don't know what my reason was, but this year I will be enjoy the here and the now.  I will be present for every single second.  I will enjoy each moment occurring now.




No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...