Tuesday, December 31, 2013

one of two posts for the last day of the year

This day is huge~it's the last day of 2013!  I cannot believe how fast a year flies by, but it has indeed flown.  Even my kids say that...I asked them the other day if it was the same for them.  I was thinking maybe it was age that made it seem like it went by so fast, but that is not the case.  Anyway, this day is worthy of two blog posts.  I'm going to start working on the second post when I'm done with this one.

Before that, I thought I would share with you a little of what yesterday was like for me.

On Sunday afternoon, I posted these two pictures on Instagram:



About them, I said that one day in Sunday school a few weeks ago, the girls and I finally got around to brightening up our room.  Some of the rooms around us are really cute and nicely decorated, but ours was plain and boring.  Partly because neither my friend or I wanted to spend money on the room~neither one of us have loads of extra.  ;)  I finally got the idea to do this~I had tons of card stock laying around my house and a mason jar full of Sharpies, so I took all the tools and this was what we did.  We adorned all our walls with drawings like the one above, or our favorite Bible verses.

I love it!  Some of these girls are crazy talented!  We did this as a surprise for Scottie, who had to take off a couple weeks because of some family and health issues.  She loved it when she saw it for the first time on Sunday!

On Sunday night, I got this picture below from my friend Sunny:


Jonah and Noah spent Sunday and Monday night at her house with her son, Andy.  Is this picture not hilarious?!  I love these kids...they'll all be here in a few minutes.  I can't wait to see my littles!

Because of them being gone, and the fact that Drew's friend spent the night with him here Sunday night and last night, I spent lots of yesterday alone.  Graham was asked to work last night, and Drew and Tom were at Tom's house for a long time yesterday afternoon.  It was a strange and lovely afternoon and evening.

Look what came in the mail yesterday!


Two of my favorite movies!  I watched New Years Eve last night.  So good!!!

Well, that was about all I did yesterday.  I hope your day was good!  I'm going to get dressed and get started on some goodie-making, then I'm going to start working on the second post.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...