Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just in time for my favorite time of year, I finished a book I had been reading last night.  I spent a couple hours getting some freebies off of Amazon for the Kindle app on my tablet.  But before I started one of those, I pulled this one out its storage place.


I love Karen Kingsbury and this book might be one in my favorite Christmas series of all time.  I started it last night in bed and am about halfway through it.  I love reading Christmas books!

We got up and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this morning and headed to Nana's and Big Daddy's at about eleven.

While we waited on lunch to finish, the boys entertained themselves by doing this:


They shot their BB guns, and their Dad's and Big Daddy's.  (Drew is the only one with his own BB gun.)

We ate the most delicious lunch ever (my Mom's dressing ROCKS) and then they all wanted to go into the woods to shoot the real guns.


Drew was patiently waiting.  When he got up from this spot, I laid down on this bench and proceeded to sleep right there, in the sun, for thirty minutes.  It was heavenly.  The bench rocks and the sun was warming my back and I was snoozing.  Everyone was kind enough to not wake me up as they came out the back door to go shoot in the woods.


I posted this on Instagram and the caption said, "According to the man-child I'm married to, nothing beats Thanksgiving dinner, football and the smell of gunpowder."  :)  I love when all my boys are happy.

The boys played some football in the backyard and told me to come look at the sky.


God outdid Himself tonight.  The sunset was glorious on this cold night.

We stuffed ourselves one last time and came home.  Well, kinda...we dropped Graham and Drew off with a friend at Target.  They're spending the night with him and will be coming home bright and early in the morning to help pull decorations out of the attic.

It was a wonderful, blessed day.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...