Monday, October 7, 2013

a day's worth of pictures

We started our day very early; by eight-thirty we were already at church having breakfast.  Every first Sunday of the month is designated for a meeting for all our Bible fellowship teachers.  The kids love this time~basically it's all you can eat donuts and orange juice.  Who wouldn't love that?!

And yesterday was the day we took communion, which is my favorite kind of Sunday.  It never fails~Brother Chuck preaches such a wonderful sermon on these days, and it's so touching that I always cry.  Every single time, without fail.  It's usually either the music or the picture he portrays right before.  I think yesterday was both.


We all know how I love to take church notes.  ~_~

We went from church to home really quick to let the dogs out and change, then we headed in the vicinity of downtown Memphis.  First we stopped for lunch at Lenny's.

The Memphis Fire Department has a ceremony for all the fallen firefighters each year, and this year my Mom-in-love decided she wanted to attend.  She asked us to come with her, and I never turn down an opportunity like that.  It was really nice and touching.  I fought tears almost the entire time, because stuff like that just gets to me.

Here are some pictures:




Here's the wall with all the roses the fire department gave the loved ones to lay against the wall:


These guys played for the ceremony.  


After the ceremony, we had refreshments.  Drew was in Heaven.

We came home and let Jonah and Noah change into their AWANA shirts, then took them and Drew to church.  I came back home and watched Todd and Graham do this:



We sat outside for three hours and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for s'mores.  This is one of our most favorite things to do as a family.  And the night sky and weather were beautiful.


I hope your weekend was wonderful.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...