Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bible Study

May I tell you another story of answered prayer?  Another thing to be encouraged by in your journey of not giving up?

A few weeks ago, on Facebook, I posted a random status that said something like this:

"Hypothetically speaking, if I were to offer a Bible study at my house this Fall on a non-church night, would you be interested in coming?"  

And the response was overwhelming.  I am not the only one longing to do another Beth Moore Bible study!  I think I did specify that it would be by Beth Moore...but I mentioned that I wanted to do the new one.  Anyway, lots of people wanted to do this, so I started looking at prices and what it would cost me and everyone to be a part.  The price was right around $100, plus $10 each for the journals.  I got this feeling of dread in my stomach, because money has been tight all summer, and we honestly just don't have any to spare.  I could have asked everyone to chip in for the leader guide, but I never felt quite right about doing that.

So, I started praying.  What else can I do when I don't know what else to do?  I started asking the Lord for Him to provide a way, either financially or through another option.  And I've kept praying and praying, and this has weighed so heavily on my heart for the past few weeks.

Yesterday morning as I was brushing my teeth, God gave me an idea.  He gave me the idea of getting in touch with a friend who might have some older studies by Beth Moore that are just sitting around.  I know you might be thinking, "Really, crazy lady?  God gave you an idea?"  But I assure you, He did.  I'm going to say and quote this verse YET AGAIN:

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourselves in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart."

I have been praying and praying about this, y'all, and to no avail for WEEKS.  And all of a sudden, I get this idea.  I had JUST finished praying and asking Him for knowledge on what to do!  I know I sure didn't come up with it on my own.  It was a God thing.  I am telling you, yet again, have faith in Him, friends!  He does hear, and He does answer, and He does provide for us in so many ways.

So, my friend just so happens to have almost everything ever written by Beth Moore.  She gave me a list to choose from, and I am excited to tell you that starting on Monday night, August 19th, we will be meeting at my home to study God's word together.  We will be studying, David: Seeking A Heart Like His.  I now have the leader guide in my possession and I even have purchased my member book.

Are you reading this and are local to me?  Do you want to be a part?  Come join us!  Buy your member book and show up at my house August 19th.  This is an eleven week study, and we will be meeting every Monday night from 6:30 to about 8:30.  The only night we will NOT meet is Monday, September 9th, when I will be away on vacation.  We might not meet the week of Shelby County's Fall break either, but we'll talk about that later.  We will finish sometime in early November, and I'll probably offer another study right after the Christmas and New Year holiday.

Consider coming and being a part.  This is my favorite Bible study author of all time, and I am crazy excited about studying David.  I could tell you so many stories of why this study appealed to me, but that might make this a little on the long side.  ;)  There will be weekly homework, but don't let that stop you.  The homework is designed to help you better understand what we'll be studying, but if you don't do it, don't let it stop you from coming on a Monday night.  I don't always finish it all, either, and it's okay!  Do what you can and ask the Lord to help you give Him your best...that's what He desires, is our best.

I am so excited!  I can't wait to start!  I might even start a little early.  ;)  I'm leaving you with a trailer of what we'll be doing.  If you do want to be a part and haven't replied on Facebook or through a message I've sent you on there, will you let me know?  You can find me on Facebook or email me at allboys@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

B

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was around so I could join. I always try to get something started at my house, but I feel like nothing seems to take off. It's hard not to be discouraged.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...