Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Wreath of Snow, by Liz Curtis Higgs (a book review for Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group)

I got this book last December and never got around to writing a review for it, so please accept my apologies as I do that now, during the hottest time of year.  :)

A Wreath of Snow, by Liz Curtis Higgs



I was so excited to get this book in the mail.  I love all things Christmas, and everything about this book delivered the love and warmth of my favorite time of year.  A Wreath of Snow has a beautiful cover, but the real beauty takes place on the pages inside.

It's magnificently written, so much so that you can almost feel the cold on the night of Christmas Eve, the time of year that the book starts.  You can feel the emotions of Meg and Gordon as well, as they experience the joys and forgiveness that a life of redemption brings to them and their family.

I encourage you to read this gem of a novella~whether at Christmas time, or any other time of year.  Poignantly written and highly symbolic of the grace we receive from the Lord Jesus Christ, this book will challenge you to examine the relationships in your life, first and foremost, your relationship with the Lord, and also with the relationships you have with family.

Happy reading, and love to all!

I'm attaching a link to the website my review is posted.  http://www.waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...