Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday morning fail

I do not love missing church.  And Sunday school~we have an amazing class and teacher.  When we were walking out to the 'burban this morning, Todd noticed fluid all over the garage floor...turns out the water pump has gone bad.  He's in the process of looking for one now.

Even though it's a failed attempt of going to church, I am so grateful for a husband who knows his way around a car. 


That would be his hands and knees you see trying to find the problem under my hood as we were waiting on him to get back in the car~when we thought we would still be able to go to church.

Over the years, Todd has saved us thousands of dollars by being able to repair most anything.  Seriously, the man is my hero.  He's good with computers, finding bargains on anything and everything {including cars!}, repairing cars, plumbing, appliances~you name it, he can make the repair.

I'm bummed about not going to church this morning, but so very grateful for this man.  I'm choosing to not let the enemy steal my joy, and seeing the good in the situation.  {Even though we had to have a plumber out yesterday to fix yet another leak.}  I'm thankful we have the resources to be able to get the problem taken care of.

On a completely different note, I thought I would include a picture of something that makes me so happy:


My shoes!  Are they not the cutest things ever?!  It's been several years since I've bought new sandals, and I could not resist these wedges!  I love them.  I'd love another not so dressy pair.  I wore these on Easter morning with my sassy blue pants.  ;)  I do love me some royal blue pants, too.

I made a new dessert last night and took it to Mom's and Bill's {Only to find out they do not love blueberries.}.  It's Ina Garten's blueberry crumble.  It was delicious~not too sweet if you serve it with vanilla ice cream.  The crust on this puppy was to die for~it's sugar, brown sugar, flour and butter.  What could go wrong with those ingredients?  Here's a picture:



How's your weekend been?  Ours has been lovely.  I suppose I'll go change out of my church clothes now.  And get started on the laundry piles again.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...