Thursday, April 4, 2013

our favorite day of the week

I am so glad I went to Bible study this morning.  I almost didn't because I woke up feeling even more horrendous than the previous two days.  I loaded up on coffee and medicine and persevered.

I love my moms!!!  So much, it's just weird.  ;)  Our teacher Denise said something today that struck a chord with me, and that was that when she met one of the ladies in our group, Angela, she felt an instant kindred spirit thing with her.  Sometimes that happens...and sometimes it doesn't.

That perfectly describes what I feel like with a few of these precious, Godly women.  So much so that it pains me to see one of them not feeling well, as one sweet friend didn't today.

I guess the reason I write this is because I want to encourage you in your friendships.  I write so often about how thankful I am for my friends, that I don't want to seem like I'm not genuine, but trust me...I am totally genuine in this gratitude!  I struggled my whole life with friends, from elementary school all the way through nine years ago.  And as in struggle, I mean I just didn't have many friends.

Or any.  At least the true kind.

God knows how much I needed this, though, and when I started living my life for Him, He started blessing me with friend after amazing friend.  Part of my problem throughout my life was not the people I thought were my friends~it was me.  When I started living my life completely and solely for Him, and started reading His word, He started to change me.

And with that change came friends.

In order to have a friend, you need to BE a friend.  I tell my kids that all the time.  And when these friendships are God~honoring, they will flourish.

Meet with that special friend.  Pray with her and for her.  Let your conversations be full of salt and light {Colossians 4:6}.  Let iron sharpen iron {Proverbs 27:17}.

Just try it and see how God blesses your friendships.  If you're reading this as my friend, please know that you are loved and prayed over all the time.  I have most of your names in my journal, and some of you are even written in my Bible as I might read a Scripture that reminds me of you.  I thank God for each of you.

Love to all.  

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."  Proverbs 27:17, New Living Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...