Thursday, March 21, 2013

What Not (I will not continue my use of the word "random")

I'm pausing my 'thankful' posts for now.  It's too stressful keeping up with them each day, and I have found that I've stopped writing the other posts that I love to write, like the "he" posts that I love. 

You might not care, but I felt the need to explain.  Those posts are making me not love writing on this ole blog.  And I do love writing on this blog...hence the pausing of those "day so and so posts". 

Did you know that occasionally I have to tell one of my kids to put his shirt back on?  I won't name him, but if you think hard, you can probably guess.  Said child loves to be without shirts occasionally.  Weirdo.

I am behind on my beloved television shows and it's driving me crazy!!!  I'm so tempted to get off this laptop and sneak off to the man room upstairs to go watch. 

I had this moment today of intense thankfulness for the Godly women God has placed in my life.  I never knew on that day when I decided to homeschool, that God would bless me with so many new friends.  But He did, and they come to me from my mom's group on Thursdays.  I love these women with all my heart, and I wish I could adequately explain the way I hold them close to my heart.  It feels like I've known them forever. 

I love nights off from cooking.  As much as I love to cook and feed my men, it's so nice to just not have to think about anything for a night.  Like what to eat, or when to eat.  We had dinner with my husband's parents tonight, and it was delicious!  I love chicken, especially grilled chicken, and could eat it everyday of my life.  Seriously.  Especially when it's marinaded in ginger dressing.  What?!?!

I'm trying to type carefully.  I just repainted my fingernails.  I live vicariously through them, what can I say?  I love to have manicured hands and feet, and since I'm too cheap to pay someone to do them, I take great delight in doing my own.  I've gotten pretty good at it, if I do say so myself.  ;)

My poor Crashy-poo spent eleven hours in his kennel today.  And yes, I totally just baby-named that dog I sometimes still refer to as Evil Knievel.

I have taken joy in being held accountable each day to my sweet friend, Aimee.  At our church's revival recently, she and I agreed to be accountability and prayer partners.  We hold each other accountable each day for spending time in God's word and in praying.  And we pray for one another.  I've missed praying with the moms that I used to at Mom's in Touch, and this relationship has rekindled that for me.  There's just something about praying with your friends, you know?

Speaking of...I have several that I'm praying for...some I've known since high school, some since August or December of 2012, some for a few years.  It's my pleasure and joy to be able to pray for my friends.

Well.  I think I might go sneak off to the upstairs.  ;)  Maybe the boys won't miss me too much.  Love to all.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...