Wednesday, March 27, 2013

just words

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts.  When I title it 'just words', it means that I view this as me talking to air.  Just writing out what I'm feeling...I wouldn't even categorize this as venting. 

I think.

This whole same-sex marriage thing...all the Facebook posts are driving me flippin' crazy.  Seriously...I saw this picture on my friend's wall and died laughing:


Is that not hilarious?  As if all the equal =, greater than >, less than < signs make the slightest difference on how this thing will come to pass.

Don't get me wrong~this is a very serious issue, and trust me when I say that I have been praying for the protection of traditional marriage.  It's just all the Facebook crap...it really grates on my nerves, ya know? 

I also really like something my friend Jaime said: "Sometimes in life we have to make choices to leave things behind and walk away. To stand up for what we believe in."  She wrote a beautiful post about this yesterday on her blog, With Love, Jaime.  If you want to read what she said, click on her name or the name of her blog, and Mr. Linky will take you right there.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and His Word says this on the subject of marriage:

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." {Matthew 19:4~6}

The fact that I believe this way does not mean that I am a hater, folks.  I hate the sin, not the person.  I have had friends, and even some family, that have chosen {because it is a choice, not something they're born with} this lifestyle, and I love/d them!  {The reason for that /d is because my manager at Eddie Bauer home was gay, and he was one of my favorite people ever.  I am no longer in touch with him, hence the past tense.}

But the Bible rules for me, and the One who inspired it trumps what the world says.  Just today, I came across this verse from John:

"They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth." John 17:16 and 17 {New Living Translation}

Who knows how long we have left on this earth before the Lord returns.  What we do with that time we have left is critical.  We need to reach out to those who may not normally grace us with their presence in our churches.  We need to not become tolerant of these sinful lifestyles, but we need to dislike the sin, love the sinner.  {Aren't we all just sinners saved by grace?}  We need to be loving on them, and gently guiding them in the way of the truth that us believers know.

Doesn't everyone deserve to know that truth?  

And as far as knowing the truth~I'm sure there will be those that think, "Well, why does what YOU believe count as truth?"

Because of faith.  I have faith that the Lord Jesus Christ is Who He says He is~the way, the truth and the life, and that no one comes to the Father, except through Him.  {John 14:6}

He is what I believe in.  He is Who I believe.  His way, or the world's way?  His way will win every time.  This is a sad time we live in, my friends.  Now, more than ever, we need to stand strong with one another, loving on those who might know the Lord.  We need to be praying for them, reaching out to them and inviting them into a relationship with the One True King, not bashing them and being all hateful and vengeful.  



Because let's face it~this is a battle that has already been won.  He won the battle the day that the world found out that death couldn't keep Him.  And what good story ends with the bad guy winning?  Not this one.  

Want proof?  

Check out Revelation, and this from chapter 19:

"And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. 12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. 14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire."

Easy to read if you are sure of your salvation~if not, then it's a little hard to take.  Be sure of your salvation.  If there is one thing you ever get from my words, this blog, get this: BE SURE OF YOUR SALVATION.  

I want you in Heaven with me someday.  

Well, that got a little off subject, huh?  I pray you receive it well.  Love to all.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! Very well put my friend! I totally agree that all the fb posts are getting out of hand!! Love you Sister!!!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you, Leesh...I had to speak my mind on this topic. It's one of the many things about Facebook that bugs me. Imagine that. ;) Love you! Miss you so much...I was thinking about you the other day. I hate that my A.C. broke and messed up our plans last summer. :(

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...