Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday, day 112

It is so cold out today!  There is something about the cold and snow-y sky that makes me want to just curl up and read a good book.  But that wasn't on our list for the day.  We had to leave bright and early this morning for our dental appointments~we all had our teeth cleaned.

After that we came home and ate lunch...we were all starving!  Graham forgot to eat breakfast, and I just didn't eat.  For the past two days, I've made something different for our lunch.  Today Jonah had peanut-butter-and-jelly sushi.  :)  Noah had it yesterday, but wanted something different today.

The sushi is SO easy and fun!  You take a slice or two of plain sandwich bread and microwave it for about ten seconds to make pliable.  Then you roll it out and slice off the crusts.  Add the peanut butter, then add the jelly, roll it up and slice it.  So cute...and Jonah thinks he's cool for eating "sushi".  ;)  Once again, thank you, Pinterest.

For the rest of us today, I made wraps.  Turkey breast, havarte cheese, lettuce and homemade Italian dressing.  YUM!! 

Back to the title of this post.  Today I am thankful for our dentist.  He is a really great guy who Todd has known his entire life.  He's a Godly man with a beautifully sweet wife and two kids, who are both in college.  His daughter is something of a miracle~she suffered from bone cancer when she was ten or eleven.  We've been going to him forever, and the boys love him.  In fact, when we go, they think they kind of rule his office.  Well...they do, pretty much. 

After lunch, we got on with the rest of our day, then I had to call and make them all orthodontist consultation appointments.  With all of them being seen, the doctor will be able to tell us who he thinks should be the first priority.  Although, I'm almost a hundred percent confident that it will be Jonah. 

We'll see how it all goes.  I'm thankful for the wisdom of dentists and doctors.  And for the fact that we love ours so much.  I hope you're having a great day!  Love to all.  

2 comments:

Shari said...

I know today was a good day for you since you love clean teeth. ;). What orthodontist are you going to? The boys still go in Jackson and I plan to keep them there. However, I plan to start Kendall here. It's just hard to do Jackson. They miss a half day of school for every appt. I do love that office though. Oh well.
I agree it's COLD out there. I am feeling a fire in the fireplace tonight.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Ha! It was! Do your teeth ever hurt after a cleaning, though? Mine were killing me when I got home! The girl is super gentle, too, and I never have a lot of plaque, so I can't imagine why they were hurting so bad. I had to take an Ibuprofen.

We're new to this whole orthodontist thing, but our dentist has another dentist who comes in on Friday's in his office, and her husband is an orthodontist. His name is Dr. Getman. I can text you his number and name. He's near the Macon and Houston Levee area.

Cold outside, but warm inside! We're about to watch our favorite show, Top Gear! Woohoo!

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...