Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hump Day!

This week is flying by, which is crazy.  Weeks don't usually fly by when you homeschool.  I am enjoying a quiet morning.  We're getting a later start on our work today.  Someone stayed up too late last night watching tv.  (Me.)  Seriously, it was after one a.m. when I fell asleep.  My brain is feeling it this morning.

Wednesday nights are a little crazy around here.  Dinner is something very simple usually, because the older boys like to be at church around 5:30.  Their youth group doesn't start until six, but they like to go and shoot hoops in the gym beforehand.  Half the time, they eat a snack before and another snack afterwards.  They're never hungry at five.

I'm planning a zoo day for us on Friday.  The weather is supposed to be really nice, with the high being around sixty.  The animals seem to come out and play so much more when it's nice and cool.  Along with our zoo day, I will plan and pack a picnic for us to enjoy.  I hope Pappaw is okay with this.  :)

The coming weekend will consist of Jonah, Noah and I being alone all weekend.  Our church's Disciple Now weekend is this weekend, and the boys are so excited.  Todd is the eighth grade boys leader, so he'll be spending quality time with a bunch of thirteen and fourteen year old's.  :)  Disciple Now is a weekend focused on youth~there will be amazing praise and worship, The Amazing Race on Saturday and they'll have church each night.  It's a weekend when the leaders pour into the lives of our teens through God's word and through relationship.  They will stay in "host" homes each night, and the leaders stay with them.  They separate by gender and by grade.   

I started a new book last night.  That's a little like Christmas to me.  I have heard so many talk about the book War Brides, so I can't wait to dig into it.  It's a huge book...I have no idea how long it'll take me to read it.  Sometimes I can fly through a book, thin or thick, but sometimes it takes me a while. 

Well, I suppose I need to get off the computer and go get dressed for the day.  I've got a couple errands to run, as well, so it'll be another busy one.  I hope your day is blessed.  Love to all. 

No comments:

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...