Saturday, February 23, 2013

days 113 & 114 (Thursday & Friday)

I can't believe I'm two days off, but man, have they been two days.  I won't get into that, though.  I do know that I have spent almost every spare second that I'm not doing something, in prayer. 

Thursday we missed school.  I was really bummed about not going, because it's become our favorite day of the week.  We all look forward to it so much, but Graham, Noah and I all woke up feeling a little like death warmed over.  It's all sinus related, I know, but Graham was even running a low-grade fever. 

Even though we were not feeling well, I HAD to get out and make a Costco run.  I completely ran out of detergent...how does that even happen?! 

While in Costco, we got stuck there for a little while.  It started pouring while we were having a snack in the food court area...and I didn't have an umbrella.  (I'm usually a lot more prepared, you can tell that I really didn't feel good.)  We finished our snacks and made a mad dash to the car.  Graham did go get my umbrella for me, and all five us did our best to squeeze under it. 

The rest of our day was spent at home, just a low-key kind of day.  It was what we needed.  I'm thankful that we had the opportunity to rest and just feel better. 

Yesterday was Friday, and we spend time with my dad after a busy morning.  We had lunch at Huey's, then we came back home to drop off him, Graham, Jonah and Noah.  I took Drew to get a haircut, then we had to get a few things from Wal-Mart.

We came back home and stayed for a little while, then left again, this time to drive the boys to their Mimi's and Papa's house.  My mom-in-love invited them to spend the night so they could take them to see a play at FACS.  The was The Wizard of Oz, and I heard it was really good.  I know that they enjoyed it, and the dinner before and the time afterward at their grandparents.

I know I've said it before, and I'll keep on saying it as long as it's true, but I am so thankful that the boys have their grandparents around.  Sometimes I wish that we lived somewhere else, anywhere else, but then I remember the fact that my kids are enjoying a life full of knowing and enjoying time with their grandparents.  And we see all the sets almost weekly.

We are so blessed to be able to say that.

Love to all.  

No comments:

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...