Thursday, February 7, 2013

day 99, Thursday

I am thankful for money in our bank account.  In the spirit of keeping things real on this blog, things have been rough for us financially since August.  I guess a good way to know that you're doing the right thing in God's eyes, is to judge how much you're being attacked by the enemy.  Whew.  It's been a knock-down-drag-out.  That being said, God has provided us with everything we need (not want).  That includes money for the 'burban's twenty-something gallon gas tank.

Speaking of gas tanks, I am thankful for helpful sons.  Graham has been pumping gas for a while now, and tonight he pumped mine for me at Kroger.  I love having a son who will do that!  I snapped a picture of him in the act.


I am thankful for Friday's with my Dad.

I am thankful for spring-like weather in February that will allow us to have a beautiful day at the zoo tomorrow.  :)

I am thankful that Todd still makes my heart skip a beat.  I especially love when he's all touchy-feely, because I am that way. 

I am thankful for a group of amazing mama's at my small group table at Renewed Mom's, my homeschooling group that we attend on Thursday's.  I can be totally and completely REAL with them, I can laugh with them, cry in front of them and be encouraged alongside them.  I love them all so much, and I've only known most of them since August.  These women are amazing, and they're all God's gift to me.  I wish I could explain to you the connection I feel with them, but it's hard to put into words.  We have kindred spirits.  We're all striving for the same thing~to love and know and glorify God in all we do, and to be a wife and homeschooling mom to the best of our abilities.  Thursday's are my day of renewal.  Ha...Renewed Mom's...renewal Thursday's...fitting.

I am thankful for a great day with lots of noise, and for that blessed moment when all the little noise-makers to go bed.  Sigh. 

I am thankful for a husband who has a heart to serve.  I'm praying that he and my older boys have an amazing weekend at church this weekend. 

I am thankful that Jonah, Noah and I will enjoy a quiet weekend at home. 

Love to all.  {I can't believe tomorrow will be my hundredth day of these posts!}

No comments:

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...