Wednesday, February 27, 2013

day 119 (Wednesday)

Today was such a refreshing break for us.  It was a field trip day with our homeschool group. 

Here's where we went:



It was the first time we've ever been there.  I knew it was around, but the boys really don't skate.  Much less ice skate.  Today was a day set aside for homeschooled kids, though, and the price was so great, I couldn't pass it up. 




Do you know how cold it is in an ice skating rink?  It's been quite a while since I've been inside one.  My rear end is finally thawed out.  The bench we sat on was metal, in an ice skating rink, so you can imagine how cold it was!  When we got home, after we ate lunch, I just sat under a blanket for an hour. 


See?!

I was freezing.

I was super impressed with the boys' skating abilities.  The last time they ice skated was about three years ago after a River Kings' hockey game. 


Noah got the hang of it the fastest.



Graham did really well, too.  I could never get Drew's picture.



Jonah used this little thing the whole time, which was a great idea.  If you ever saw the child on roller skates, you would understand why.  His legs are like wet noodles when there are wheels attached.  Grin.



What's ice skating without watching the Zamboni? 

It was a perfect day.  For this, I am thankful. 

Love to all. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun, Ice skating is one of my favorite things. It's funny about how you said it was cold. I never thought of it. Usually I ice skate for so long, I am shedding clothes off because I start getting warm!

Looks like you all had fun! :)

Jennifer Goodwin said...

They had a blast. I just spectated~it was something I never learned to do. Oh, they were shedding their jackets, too, it was just ME who was freezing! I do remember getting out (trying not to break my neck) and skating when I was young, and I was the same way. I never even gave the cold a thought. I'm thinking this will be on our list of things to do again soon. :)

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...