Tuesday, February 12, 2013

day 104, Tuesday

Our day went by in the blink of an eye.  I took the kids to Chick Fil A for breakfast.  We had coupons.  :)  We came home, they ate, we started our work. 

Then all of a sudden, it was one thirty! 

I don't really know where the time went.  It flew by in the midst of learning a new concept in math and a spelling test.  And language.  And science, and history.  And some tears.  We had those today, too. 

Whew.  If I ever give the impression that homeschooling is a walk in the park, please forgive me.  It is SO not.  I would still take this over public school, though, any day of the week.  I'm not complaining...just explaining how our day went. 

And it did get better.  We all took a mental break, and we came back strong and finished our work.  I even "caught" Graham helping Jonah with a question he had about math.  Graham beat me to him. 

Today, I am thankful for my sister-in-law, Tracy.  She sent me the most hilarious, timely text this morning about older boys and tears. 

I died laughing and told her that we had tears at our house, too. 

We continued our conversation via text for a few minutes, and I was refreshed.  Tracy, I have no idea if you read this, but if you do, thank you.  

I needed a moment of light-heartedness, and you brought it. 

Love to all. 

p.s. Because of a rough start to our day, after all the work was completed, we ended our day by watching Ramona and Beezus.  If you haven't watched it, do.  It doesn't matter if you have boys or girls...it was a great, funny end to our dreary day.  :)

No comments:

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...