Monday, February 11, 2013

a little Monday random

I woke up to news of the Pope resigning.  ???  Does that even happen?!  Or has it before?  My first thought is, "I wonder what he did."  Maybe that's bad to assume, but you can't help but wonder, you know?

Graham and Drew are still sleeping.  They had a huge lack of sleep over the weekend, so I'm letting them recover some on this Monday morning.  We don't have to be in a hurry today. 

I finished an amazing book last night.  It's called Seasons Under Heaven, and it was written by Beverly LaHaye and Terri Blackstock.  Beverly LaHaye is the wife of one of the writers of the Left Behind series.  The book was amazing~if you're reading this and enjoy reading, go borrow it from the library!  Seriously...one of the best books I've ever read.  I'm anxious to start book 2 in the series.  This one is called Showers in Season.

I was having a major pity party yesterday.  I really hate feeling like that, but I did, all day I felt really sad.  I love homeschooling my kids, but I'm starting to feel like I'm losing certain friends.  There are also people that don't agree with homeschooling, and because of that, they don't talk to me very much anymore.  :-(  I don't have very thick skin...I wish I did!  This makes me want to go cry to my small group of moms I see every Thursday. 

This week is Valentine's day, my least favorite holiday.  I'm planning on studying the history of this day, and the saint it's named after.  I love being loved, don't get me wrong, but I'm married to one of the "good ones", who shows his love for me every day of the year.  I hate the commercialization of this day, and I feel sad for the people I love who aren't married or dating anyone.  {This being said, I sure do LOVE the Hallmark commercial for this day right now, the one where the women say, "Tell me you think I'm still beautiful", or "Tell me you'll love me in sickness and in health".} 

Well.  I need to go be productive.  I have three mountains of laundry waiting on me in my laundry room.  I seriously need to get started.  And there's school work that needs to get done.  I hope you have a fantabulous Monday.  Love to all. 

2 comments:

Shari said...

No pity parties allowed!!! I have to say that it doesn't sound like those people are really "friends" if you lose them over something like this. You have plenty more GREAT friends who love you just the way you are! It doesn't matter if you homeschool or not! :)

We LOVE Valentines around our house. Well, we declare February "Love Month." We still have to do our heart attack. I better get on that. We are a little late getting started.

I hear you on the laundry. I am tackling MOUNTAINS of it today. I usually try to get caught up on Mondays, but I don't see that happening.

Smile my sweet friend! Love ya! :)

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I know, right? No more pity parties, I promise...it was just a "moment" I was having Sunday. Part of it has to do what we were texting about last night...I'm not mentioning that on here yet.

I guess I should clarify that I LOVE making my family feel special on Valentine's day...I usually make a huge special meal and something yummy for dessert, and we make it a movie night. I just don't like Facebook during this day...it seems like everyone is trying to one-up everybody else.

I caught up on my laundry! Of course it's full again, but I did at least tackle the biggest piles of it. Makes for a long day when the kids are gone all weekend...I think their clothes multiply! Ha!

I love you, Shari and I miss you!!! Thank you for the encouragement, and I loved texting last night. It's been a while since we've talked! I'm smiling today, I promise. :)

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...