Wednesday, January 30, 2013

day 91, Wednesday January 30th

I threw in the date for my benefit.  Pay no attention.  :)

Today was an okay school day.  Some days seem really productive, some don't.  Today was so-so.  Jonah suffered from a sinus headache most of the day, so he did piddly stuff while Noah did other things.  I really try hard to keep them on track with one another just for my records.  I can wing it tomorrow and Friday, though. 

Graham and I had fun practicing Spanish today.  He is able to keep up with the class he just came out of, which is really cool, so we learned words for party planning.  Drew is testing my brain over vocabulary words in this English we're doing called I.E.W.  I finally made him install a dictionary app on his iPod. 

We did other things, too, but those are the ones I thought were blog-worthy. 

Noah got a new toy today!  With his leftover Christmas money, he bought himself a mini-trampoline.  Graham, Jonah and Noah worked hard putting it together today after lunch.  They did really good, too.  The only adjustments Todd had to make were minor.  He had to tighten up bolts that weren't screwed on tight enough. 

So guess where it will (temporarily) reside? 


Yup.  That would be in our living room.  He was resting and watching a show, all at once.  ;)

Today my list of things I am grateful for consists of several things I observed in my house today. 

I am thankful for:

a protective older brother.  Graham offered to do something first to keep the other boys from getting hurt.

a good attitude, even when I know Jonah didn't feel good today.  He was a trooper, and kept working.

a son who is a good steward of his money, and who loves to share it with his brothers.  (Noah)

a helpful Drew.  We're reinforcing our long division skills, and he answered questions today while I got dressed. 

These things might seem small, but in my eyes, they're huge!  I have been praying (and praying and praying) for an obvious change in attitude with my oldest son, and I saw it today.  I saw him being helpful and protective.  Do you know what that does to a mama?  It's so good for my heart.  I think now that they've been de-school-ified helps.  (Mrs. Spell Check does NOT like my word, but isn't it great?!)  They've accepted that our days are different now, and while it's been an adjustment, I keep seeing little glimmers of hope. 

I love it and am grateful for moments like these. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...