Monday, January 21, 2013

day 81, Sunday

I think Sunday might just be my favorite day of the week.  I love the whole process of getting up and dressed for church.  I love thinking about what I'm going to wear, painting my fingernails the night before, I love it all. 

I love going to Sunday school, especially now that we have it at 9:30 once again.  When we started attending Collierville First Baptist Church, we loved the novelty of having church at 9:30, with Sunday school at 10:45.  The bad thing about that schedule was that it became too easy for us to leave after church.  Now that Sunday school is at 9:30, we're more likely to be there all the time again.

I love our Sunday school teacher and his sweet wife.  They are the couple who gave Buddy the leopard gecko to Jonah and Noah.  Terry is just a good, ole country boy.  He hunts and fishes and loves SEC football, so he and Todd get along fabulously.  He teaches straight from the Bible, and he challenges us. 

His wife Beth is a really sweet, kind of quiet lady who genuinely cares for others. 

In a time when we were having a hard time finding our "spot" in this new church, these sweet people and class welcomed us with open arms.  When my husband leans over and whispers in my ear, "I love this teacher", you know you've arrived.  Especially since that's not something he would normally say. 

I love going to church as a family.  I love being surrounded by my boys, and I mostly love hearing them sing beside me.  I even loved that Jonah's tired little self fell asleep beside me in his chair.  God love him, his body was hit pretty roughly last week.  I'm so thankful for the moments that we share on these Sunday's.

I pray that the Lord gives me many, many more with the ones I love most.  Love to all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...