Friday, January 18, 2013

day 78, Thursday

We've had quite the week around here.  Yesterday was a normal day, one that I was thankful for.  Jonah finally started feeling better~his fever broke, and he seemed to be back to his cute little self. 

He and Noah did not go to school with us at Germantown Presbyterian, though.  When he was still sick on Wednesday, I arranged for his Mimi to take care of him for me while the rest of us went.  Noah decided he wanted to go too.  Because what one twin does, the other does.

Graham and Drew had their first day there and loved it, and I loved introducing them to all my sweet mom friends.  We even got a special tour of the chapel from the maintenance man that works there, Mr. Dan.  I love historical buildings, and the chapel in that church dates back to the 1800's.  The floor and pews are all original.  Here's a picture I snapped:


When we got out of school we came home and let the dogs out and let Crash eat a bone, then we went to my in-law's house for dinner. 

We did a lot of talking and laughing and some of this:


Phyllis and I played with Graham and Drew, then all the adults played after dinner.  I won.  :)  That doesn't happen very often. 

Sometimes it's good to be thankful for the normal moments in life.  I know I am. 

Happy Friday and love to all!

2 comments:

  1. It is one of my favorite churches. I grew up 3 houses down and went to g'town pres as a young child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?! It is gorgeous, and I am fascinated with it. I just have this thing for old buildings, but especially churches! I had never been inside before August, so it's still new to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...