Friday, December 21, 2012

December 19, 20, 21

On December 19th (Wednesday), I am thankful for modern medicine.  Graham has really been struggling with strep throat since Sunday night, along with a bad sinus infection.  He's on an antibiotic and is feeling much better, although not quite normal yet.  I'm thankful that he had something that could be treated with medicine.  I was so glad it wasn't the flu or a stomach bug. 

On December 20th, I am thankful for what is quite possibly my kids' favorite day of the year~Christmas goodie-making day with my sweet friend, Marcia.  Yesterday was our fourth year of doing that...I'd say that it's a time-honored tradition that I love as much as the kids.  And it's the day I never want dinner.  ;)  Because we eat all day!  Yesterday we made sausage balls, cheese balls with olives, hot crackers, puppy chow, peanut butter fudge and peanut butter crackers dipped in chocolate. 

Today, on December 21st (Happy Winter Solstice!) I am thankful (again) for family.  Today is our Christmas with Todd's family.  We're celebrating with Phyllis, Wiley, Tim, Tracy, Nathan, Joseph, Zeke and my crew.  It's a houseful of people that will hopefully end with a visit from Santa.  ;) 

Will you continue to join me in praying for the family of Memphis' fallen Officer Lang?  She is being laid to rest today, a week after being killed in the line of duty.  Todd participated in the sea of blue last night and today he's going to her funeral.  Also, as always, please still be in prayer for those in Newtown, Connecticut.  I still can't quite wrap my mind around all that horrific violence in an elementary school.  And at Christmastime...my heart still breaks for the families. 

Just take a moment today and think of them.  Thank you, and love to all. 

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...