Wednesday, November 7, 2012

gratitude, days 5 & 6

I'm doing pretty good at keeping up in my journal, but not so much on here.  In case you're still reading these posts, here are days five and six.

On day 5, I am thankful for my middle child, Andrew Myles.  God gave us the gift of joy when He gave him to us.  From a very young age, Drew has always been happy, full of joy.  In the second grade, his teacher gave him the character trait of...

Can you guess?

Joy!  People are drawn to him.  They want to sit by him, they want to be his friend.  And does he have a lot of friends!  Life is one huge social event to him.  I pray that he always uses that to the ability God has given him.  Just this morning (Wednesday), Drew and two of his friends stood up in front of the FCA club and delivered a devotion on internal vs. external.  (Appearance)  I am so proud of them.  It takes courage to do that in front of about a hundred kids!  Drew came up with this topic on his own, and together, we found Bible verses to go along with it.

Psalm 16:11 says, "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." 

Proverbs 15:13 says, "A happy heart makes the face cheerful...".

I pray that Drew always walks with the Lord.  I pray that God always fills him with joy in His presence, and that others are drawn not to him, but to WHO they see in him. 

On day 6, I am thankful for Jonah.  Jonah used to call himself "Daddy's little buddy", and is he ever.  He loves anything that Todd loves.  That list of things includes Alabama football, all things law enforcement, and anything that has to do with the state of Alaska.  Jonah is a hard worker and the way he best loves on people is by giving. 

Proverbs 25:21 says, "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink." 

2nd Corinthians 9:7 "For God loves a cheerful giver."

I pray that God continue to make Jonah a servant.  He Himself came to this earth to serve us, and what better way to give back to Him by giving to others. 

On both of these days, the attribute of God I am looking at is His love.  I am forever grateful for the love that He shows to us, though we do not deserve it.  I pray that He allows my family to love on others.  Because He first loved us.

Love to all!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I am loving these blogs and love all of those boys that are all so precious to everyone who knows them. You and Todd are teaching them well!!!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

:) Thank you! They're pretty awesome, aren't they?? ;) Lookin' forward to dinner tonight! Drew is ecstatic that you're making chili!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...