Sunday, November 11, 2012

days 9, 10 & 11

One of these days, I'll do one a day.  But for now, I have to keep playing catch up!  This is the story of my life...

On day nine, I am thankful for my in~love's.  They have always called me their "daughter-in-love" instead of the less endearing, "daughter-in-law".  Isn't that sweet?  Wiley and Phyllis are two of the nicest, most selfless people you will ever meet.  We have a wonderful relationship, and they've always said if anything ever happened to Todd and me, they would support me one hundred percent.  ;)  Not that that's going to happen, but you get the picture of how sweet they are. 

Poor Todd. 

;)  They're really sweet grandparents, too, and we are definitely blessed to live near not just them, but all of our grands!  God has been so faithful and good to our family. 

On day ten, I am thankful for my sisters and brother.  Have I told you that I have four sisters and one brother?  From oldest to youngest, the lineup is Paul, Terri, Lisa, Debi, Tricia and me.  There are halves in this lineup, but I was raised to never view them that way.  These precious gifts to me are my flesh and blood, and though miles and time might separate us, we always pick right back up where we last left off.  I'm thankful to have great relationships with all of them, and I thank God for each and every one of them.  And not just for them, but for their spouses and their kids.  Our family is huge and continually growing, it seems. 

I only see Paul once every few years, and Terri usually once a year, or maybe a little less.  Debi lives in Colorado, so I see her at least once a year, sometimes two or three times, if we're lucky.  It just depends on how much she gets to travel...one of these days, I would love for us to go see her.  I know the boys would love the amazing scenery.  I'm so thankful that Lisa and Tricia live here.  We might not talk all that often, but we all know that we're loved by one another. 

On day eleven, Veteran's day, it seems appropriate to make this the day to be thankful for those who have fought for our freedom in the great United States of America.  My dad is eighty-one, and he is a veteran of the Korean War.  I'm thankful, not only to him, but to all of the ones who so selflessly served God and our country.  Freedom is something I pray we never take for granted.  We are so fortunate in this country, and I pray that God continues to have mercy on us as a nation. 

If you're tired of my "thankful" posts, stick around.  I plan to get started on all the blog ideas I've got rolling around in my brain tomorrow.  Hopefully.  Love to all!


No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...