Saturday, November 10, 2012

Days 7 & 8

On day seven, I wrote that I was thankful for Noah.  He is the sweetest, most kind boy you will ever meet.  He might seem kind of quiet, and he usually is, because he doesn't like to compete to talk around our dinner table.  However, get him alone, and he loves to talk.  One of his most favorite things to do is to climb.  He climbs our walls and doorjambs nonstop.  His little foot prints are all over the place.

He's also really good with animals, and he's always loved them.  He used to always ask me if he could go pet such and such dog that he saw.  I could totally see him being a veterinarian when he grows up.  He has a quiet, gentle way about him that definitely does not go unnoticed.  He is also our "baby" of the family.  :)

On day eight, I wrote that I am thankful for my parents and their spouses.  I have such a great relationship with both my mom and my dad.  It's no secret that I spend (almost) every Friday with my sweet dad.  I am so thankful for that time that we share.  I never in a million years would have dreamed that we would be so close.  I can tell him anything, and he never judges me.

The same is true for my sweet mom.  I am blessed to get to see her at least once every week, sometimes more.  Ever since Todd and I first got married, we have eaten dinner with them on a weekend night.  Now that the boys are older, I really love that we started that tradition.  I love that the boys look forward to this night every week.  I know that as they get older, that won't be the case, so I try not to ever take it for granted now.

Along with my parents, God has blessed them each with some pretty amazing spouses.  My step mom, Sandy is among the ones that I'm thankful for.  She loves and cares for my dad so well.  I know that she is part of the reason why my dad, at eighty-one years old, is in such excellent health.  I thank God for the day that He brought her into his life.

My mom is married to an amazing man, my step dad, Bill (a.k.a. "Big Daddy").  They met right after Todd and I first married sixteen years ago, and have been married now for almost thirteen (fourteen?) years.  Bill is a HUGE reason why the boys love Saturday nights.  He is the most awesome chef ever, and he cooks things he knows they want.  Tonight, for example, we are having catfish, requested by Noah.  Bill also genuinely loves spending time with the boys, and they love spending time with him.  Plus, he lets them drive his cool tractor. 

I am among the blessed~I have two amazing sets of parents.  I love spending time with all of them, and try to do just that as much as possible.  I pray I never take any of them for granted.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...