Sunday, November 25, 2012

days 24 and 25

Yesterday, day twenty-four, we celebrated a cherished Christmas tradition with my dad and step-mom.  So, I am thankful for family traditions.  We went to dad's house at four to eat an early Thanksgiving dinner, then the kids got to see the fruits of their labor from last Saturday, when we helped him put up his Christmas lights.  We ended the night at the Memphis Zoo Lights spectacular.  It was cold, it wasn't too crowded, and they had a new ride~an old fashioned Ferris wheel that they boys rode with my dad and Todd.  It was Dad, Sandy, Todd, Graham, Drew, Jonah, Noah, Trish and me.  Such sweet, precious times!  We truly enjoy our traditions each year, and this is one that I hope to enjoy for a long time to come.

Today is day twenty-five, and after a sweet time of fellowship in Sunday school, I am thankful for just that~our small group and Collierville First Baptist.  After years of not fitting in anymore at our old church, I am so thankful we have found our spot!  We visited four different classes at church before landing in this one, and I love it.  We haven't been super faithful in our attendance each week, but it's nice that they don't seem to mind. 

Today, especially, I just felt this sweet sense of belonging as we listened to our teacher's wife speak on thankfulness.  I felt like I was surrounded by kindred spirits, and in that moment, I was flooded with thanksgiving to our sweet Lord and Savior. 

Love to all!


No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...