Monday, November 19, 2012

days 17, 18, & 19

Day 17:  I am thankful for the health of those I love in my family, the ones in my house and all of our extended families.  I hear of so many people that have cancer or kids that have cancer, and each time I pray for that person, I thank the Lord for the health of my precious family.  I sincerely try to never take it for granted, too.  I remember when Todd was going through all of his health issues, I was so scared.  At the same time, I had the peace of mind that no matter what, God would be there for me.  I remember reading His word almost nonstop while I sat in the hospital room with him, waiting on him to wake up from surgery. 

I pray we never have to go through that again, but I also know that God is here for us if we do.

Day 18: I am so thankful for a place we can go and worship with fellow believers.  We uprooted our family from our church home a year and a half ago, and while it's been really hard at times, it was necessary for our kids.  Although no church is perfect, all of us are happy and adjusted.  Especially the kids.  Graham and Drew love their youth leaders, and Jonah and Noah love their kids' leaders.  We've made some really sweet friends and we've reconnected with some old friends.  Our church is very family oriented, and I love that. 

Day 19:  I am thankful for God's provision.  Our home, our car, the clothes on our back, the food in our fridge and pantry, running water, air in the hot weather, heat in the cool weather, all the many amenities we might take for granted.  We were without water part of this weekend due to a leak, and I couldn't help but think of people in certain parts of our world that don't have clean drinking water nearby.  They have to hike to the water for miles, then carry it back in heavy containers.  I pray I never take these blessings for granted.  I love James 1:17, which reminds me, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or the slightest hint of change." 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...