Wednesday, November 14, 2012

day 13

I'm thankful for God's guidance in my life.  I'd been thinking about homeschooling the boys since Jonah and Noah were in kindergarten, but it wasn't until the end of their third grade year that I had the faith to jump out and just try it.  I prayed and prayed over this decision, because I didn't want to do anything outside of God's will.  I also didn't want to make a decision that I felt like might harm Jonah and Noah, or their confidence. 

Can I tell you how good and faithful God is, though?  I wish I had written down each time that God has shown me that Todd and I made the right decision in pulling them out of their elementary school after ending on a good note in third grade.  Last year was the best year for us to end on because of their sweet teacher.  I'm thankful that we ended so strongly.  Because, for them, this decision wasn't an academic one.  It was more of a feeling I had in the pit of my stomach that I didn't care for the direction I felt like the school was heading. 

Please don't think I'm knocking the public school.  On the contrary, I am thankful for the years of education that the boys have had!  God has blessed us with one amazing teacher after another, and I always felt like my kids were taken care of.  This decision we made was entirely personal.

I'm thankful for God guiding us through this homeschooling adventure.  Yesterday (day 13) we went on a field trip to Chucalissa with our homeschool group.  It's kind of scary getting there (it's in a bad part of town), but they really enjoyed themselves.  My mother-in-love went with us, and I'm pretty sure she enjoyed herself as well. 

God has guided me through every area in my life, and for that I am so thankful.  I love Proverbs 16:3.  It says, "Commit your actions to the Lord and your plans will succeed." 

I've committed every area of my life to Him, and can I just tell you what a stress reliever that is?!  No matter what happens, even when things don't go my way, I know and trust that God is at work.  I would like to encourage you to do this...commit every area of your life to Him.  I pray about every little thing, and while that might seem silly, to Him it's not.  Or to me, for that matter.  I am not a stressed out person...I walk in confidence that God will provide.  No matter what. 

Love to all. 

2 comments:

Christa said...

I love you Jennifer. You are such an inspiration and I know that God has nothing but good in store for you and your amazing family.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love YOU, Christa Schaade Waln! And just might be counting down the days till I next see you! ;) I saw your sweet mama last night at the First A/G Ladies Night. I painted a cross...

Thank you for your sweet words, though, and the encouragement! Love you!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...