Tuesday, October 23, 2012

weekend, part 1

We had the greatest weekend ever, but tonight I'm only going to tell you about Friday night.  Todd's best friend since high school, Bob, got married.  Todd was one of the groomsmen and Graham was a junior groom.  It's the first wedding Graham has ever been in.  (The reason Graham was chosen is because the junior bride was his same age.)

Bob also just so happens to be the boys' godfather.

I love weddings.  Have I ever mentioned that?  Especially weddings where there's lots of people I know and love and that are in beautiful locations.  :)


It was held in the Cadre Building in downtown Memphis.  The pillars had carvings of gold on them.  I heard this used to be a bank, but now it's the perfect wedding/reception venue.

In order to go to this wedding, you had to be very specifically dressed.  (I don't think we've ever been to a wedding this fancy.)


Pretty handsome, if I do say so myself.  (And a special thanks to Katie, the best neighbor in the world.  We borrowed Jonah's and Noah's clothes.)

I got to see my two oldest guys dressed in their finest.



I basically told them all to suck it up about my excessive picture taking.  They did a great job.


Graham walked this sweet girl down the aisle.


It's blurry (sorry!), but you get the drift.  Check out those amazing smiles!  Here's a better one of Alexis and him:


The reception was entertaining.


Especially with these two sitting by me.


And then there's these guys:


and:


We did a lot of eating.  A little dancing.  And a lot of laughing.  It was all fun and games till the end, when Graham started getting sick.  Thank the Lord he made it through the wedding with no problems, though. 


He even got to assist in being the deejay. 

It was a great night. 

But the fun of the weekend didn't end there.  I'll post more tomorrow. 

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...