Tuesday, October 23, 2012

little tidbits of The Word

In my quiet time this morning, I prayed that God would speak to me through His word.  He came through for me.  I love being encouraged by what the Bible says, and I thought you might be encouraged as well this morning.

On days when I fail to impress the people around me: But He continued, "You are from below; I am from above.  You are of this world; I am not of this world."  John 8:23

On days when it's hard to love the people in my life: He answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with your strength and with all your mind", and "Love your neighbor as yourself."  Luke 10:27

On days when I don't feel like I'm worth much: "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."  Luke 12:6,7

On days when I obsess over things I shouldn't (money, knick-knacks, the way my house looks, the way my body looks or doesn't look): "Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them.  And how much more valuable you are than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life:  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"  Luke 12:22-26

"But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."  Luke 12:31

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Luke 12:34

On days when what I'm like doesn't quite fit the standards of what everyone else might be like: "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to."  Luke 13:24

I am learning not to try and please those around me.  The only one I should be aiming to please is my Creator.  I am not perfect, never have been and never will be.  I am a constant work in progress.  My charge to you~don't worry so much about your outside appearance.  Worry much more about your inside appearance.  "For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."  Matthew 12:34

He will come when we least expect it.  (Luke 12:40)

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...