Sunday, September 9, 2012

weekend musings

The temperatures this weekend have been ahmaazing!  I am so ready for Fall weather, aren't you?!  There is just something about crisp air, the smell of a fire, sitting around a fire pit or campfire roasting marshmallows for s'mores, sweatshirts, blankets...

I'll stop myself. 

We all know how I feel about my favorite time of year.  I'm contemplating pulling down my Fall decorations this week, too, but it might still be too early.  As much as I love some seasonal decorating, I'm also a stickler for enjoying the season we're in, and technically, it's still Summer. 

Anyway.

The kids played outside ALL DAY yesterday.  I seriously only saw them when they came into eat.  All the neighborhood kids were out and about, and they were in Heaven.  The hubby and I were lazy.  We lounged around all day in our pj's and watched t.v.  I also read a little and I went through all the curriculum that came in the mail Friday.  I made a lesson plan for Monday and am anxious to start!  I decided to do only Monday because my teacher stuff won't come in until tomorrow.  I think there's a detailed outline of what I need to do when, so I thought I would wait and see.

Last night, instead of our usual Saturday night plan (going to Nana's and Big Daddy's house), we went to my friend Christa's parents' house.  :-)  Her hubby is here for two weeks doing a remodel project for them and she joined him this weekend.  We ate dinner and got all caught back up.  Another one of my sweet friends was there, too, Jennie.  I'm sad to say that it's been a year and a half since I have seen that girl.  And yes, we live in the same town.

It was a great night.  Today we've cleaned a little and straightened up things in preparation for this week.  I'll probably hit the grocery store tomorrow for some necessities, and then we will be immersed in our second first week of school.

Confusing, huh?

I know.  I do have one very exciting piece of news, and that is that I bought a Northface jacket that looks brand-spanking new for $20!  Isn't that amazing!?!?  My friend posted on Facebook that she was selling one in the next size up that Jonah and Noah need, and we have one that size but needed one more.  So, we bought it!  I'm so excited about that deal, and so thankful for it!  Those are the warmest jackets and because they're so light, my kids never complain about having to wear them. 

It was even a little worth the bashing I took from a "friend" about being sneaky, under-handed and cheating her out of this deal for her nephew.  Seriously.  I cannot believe she would think that I would be like that!  We were both looking for a good deal, and it was to my benefit that this friend of mine lives at the end of my street.  If she had gotten it first, I never would have accused her the things she accused me of. 

Oh, well.  All that matters is that the Lord knows the condition of my heart. 

Love to all. 


No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...