Monday, September 17, 2012

things you might witness in my home, if you were a fly on the wall

1.  The colossal messes that are made daily.  I really try hard to keep our home straightened and de-cluttered and clean.  I do a pretty good job at the straightened and de-cluttered part, but I fall behind on the cleaning.  Now that I am educating my own children, there's no time!  Ha! 

2.  Me vacuuming up soil and cactus thorns from the man cave floor.  Our neighbor's boy came over to play today and decided it would be cool to flip flop all over the couch upstairs.  Which might not have been such a bad thing, except for the fact that a cactus got in the way of his feet.  The cactus toppled over and dirt went everywhere.  The good thing is that the floor is now all nice and clean.

3.  A non-put-together Jennifer.  Today was pajama day at school.  :-)  Don't judge, please.  It was blah and raining, and why the heck not?  I didn't get to the store, either, but I did get out after dinner.  Remember the painting party I mentioned?


Isn't it cute?!  I can't wait to hang it tomorrow!  After my morning trip to the grocery store, that is.  And hopefully after I get a shower.  Since that didn't happen today, either.  (It was a long day of school, again!  A great day, but a long one.  However, we completed two days' worth of work again.  I let them have off on Friday since Graham and Drew were off, so we had to play catch-up.)

4.  A very restless dog.  Or maybe two dogs.  Andy the Wonder Dog is terrified of rain, did I mention that before?  He paces when it rains.  Chicken.  And Evil Knievel has pulled a ligament in his left hind leg and was put on bed rest for this week.  HA!  Have you seen my puppy???  Him and bed rest will NEVER go in the same sentence.  N.E.V.E.R.E.V.E.R.  Do you hear me?  So, the vet said we could him a Benadryl to calm him down.  Well, we accidentally gave him three this morning.  (And yes, it was an accident, not on purpose!)  I gave him one when I got up, and before Todd left for work, he gave him two.

Do you know that it didn't even phase the demon dog?  I couldn't knock him out if I tried, apparently.

5.  Lots of laughing and being silly.  Half the time, we all walk around talking in our own little dialog and accents.  We are particularly good at talking like small children.  (Again, don't judge.  It makes us all laugh and have fun, and that's all that matters, right?)

6.  Books.  I have them everywhere, and I am not even buying them anymore, I promise!  I'm only borrowing from my happy place nowadays.

7.  Lots of techie stuff.  We have  two laptops, a desktop, two smart phones, two dumb phones, two iPod's, and two touch-pads.  I know, right?  I feel kinda guilty being that "connected".  Kids in parts of the world don't have drinking water, but Heaven forbid our WiFi go down! 

8.  Laundry.  She and I are not getting along anymore.  I used to complete her each day, but today she took over my laundry room.  I plan on trying to knock her out tomorrow. 

9.  Shoes.  I have this issue about not putting my shoes away.  I'll get them almost to my closet, but I'll leave them in my bathroom floor.  And in the kitchen are Todd's shoes.  And in the living room are Graham's and Drew's shoes.  The only two that are good at putting theirs away are Jonah and Noah.  God love their little hearts.

10.  Soda cans.  I wish we didn't drink so much of it, but the kids have one a day.  Jonah and Noah don't always, but the older boys do.  Now that they're older, they want it more.  They also drink sweet tea and a little water every once in a while. 

That's all. 

Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I love these glimpses into reality. It makes the rest of us feel normal too. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting! It happens to us all, doesn't it? Life? As much as I would always love for things to be perfect, they are far from it! I try to embrace the crazy and laugh (and pray) my through it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...