Wednesday, September 5, 2012

things I'm over

1.  I am so over people putting other people up on pedestals.  Todd and I got an email last night from the American Family Association (AFA), informing parents of Nickelodeon pushing their viewers (kids) to follow the illustrious Jason Biggs on Twitter.  And then there was a link to click on to see what they were talking about.  I was horrified over what I was reading. 

Heaven forbid one of my children ever lay eyes on anything that vulgar.  In case you're wondering what Jason Biggs and Nickelodeon have in common, he is one of the voice-overs in the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show or movie.  Whichever one, my kids won't be watching it.  Not that they would anyway, but I'm seriously thinking we need to ban that channel from now on.  It's no surprise, since that channel is owned by the same people who own MTV. 

2.  I am tired of seeing all the political posts on Facebook.  Maybe I need to take a Facebook break.  It turns out that I have quite a few liberal friends.  That gives me a sick feeling!  Not that all liberals are bad people, but I don't understand how people who call themselves Christians can be liberal.  I don't necessarily vote on political parties~Republican or Democrat.  I vote on morals.  My morals usually lean toward the Republican candidates, or the conservative side. 

And hearing about last night's speakers taking God out of the picture is not even right.  I saw someone post on Facebook that maybe they shouldn't do that, especially since they're standing on a platform, breathing the air that God gave us to breathe.  They are walking on scary territory taking God out of everything, and one day they will have to face Him for that. 

*Disclaimer: if you are reading this and disagree with my post, please keep all negative comments to yourself.  This is my blog, therefore these are my thoughts. 

3.  On a totally different note, I am over my voice sounding weird.  I woke up yesterday with this voice/throat thing and it's bothering me.  It doesn't hurt, but I'm not talking right and I can't sing!  And I love to sing.  I was in the kitchen yesterday and listening to Klove, and when a song came on that I love and I tried to sing it, I ended up sounding like a teenaged boy going through puberty.  I don't know if I'm coming down with a cold or sinus thing (but I have no other symptoms) or if I'm getting laryngitis.  Either way, it's on my nerves. 

Also, to make it worse, last night my husband caught a cave cricket in our garage. 


For your viewing pleasure, in case you've never seen one.  These are also called camel crickets or spider crickets.  He thought it would be fun to put this little sucker in a glass spice jar and bring it in to show me.  I was screaming so loud that I am shocked somebody didn't hear me and call the po-po.  Seriously, I went a little crazy.  This went on for five minutes, and not only Todd but Graham, Drew and Jonah kept showing it to me.  I couldn't move and every time they brought it near to my face, I would scream.  And no, it was not on purpose.  It looked exactly like a huge spider. 

I'm not sure if I'm talking to them yet.  I was a little stand-offish this morning with all of them.  Except for sweet baby Noah, who was the only one not in on it.

And now I'm scared to go in my garage.

All I can say is that I am SO getting my husband back for this.  It'll be when he least expects it. 

This image is one I found on Google, it wasn't the one he caught (and then released). 

Well, thanks for reading all my current frustrations.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...