Saturday, August 4, 2012

~life~

I have started and deleted many posts over the last seven days.  I figure that's God's way of telling me to keep my mouth shut.  Over big issues like the Chick Fil A thing and Facebook pet peeves. 

Anyway.

Today I concentrated on getting ready for our upcoming first week of school.  We rearranged some bookshelves around, I washed loads and loads of laundry, and we had a sneak peak at Graham's and Drew's new middle school.  I wish I'd gotten a picture, but I didn't.  I'll try and get one next week at some point so I can show you what their new school looks like...it's beautiful!

We had dinner at my Mom's and step dad's tonight (yummy, as usual), and I wanted to leave early so that I could come home and finish up my main project of the day. 



This is our new "school" room!  On this desk is one of the three computers we have in our living room.  I know that technically, a school room should never be in the living room, but this is where we always are.  I could have transformed a corner of the room they call their man cave, but I didn't want to take away space from the older boys. 

So, this, in our living room, is our new "school" room!  These book shelves hold all their curriculum for their fourth grade year of school.  I wanted them to have an area all to themselves that would hold everything they need.  The only thing not on these shelves is their head phones for the computer and pens and pencils.  Those are in the desk drawers.

Isn't it beautiful?!  My heart is all happy and excited over this upcoming school year.  I can't wait to start!

So that's what I've been up to.  And enjoying the heck out of our last week of Summer vacation 2012.  I still don't have things to write about, but I've also just been trying to enjoy my kids.  They've had lots of friends over this past week, and we've had something to do almost every day.  It was a great last week of Summer.
 I am in complete denial that my kids will be in 8th, 7th and 4th grades.  There is no way I am old enough to have kids that old!  ;-)

If I don't write before Monday, I pray that your week gets off to a smooth, great start!

Love to all.


1 comment:

  1. Your re-organized computer station looks great! I agree it is much better. Great job organizing that bookshelf too. :) When I homeschooled K and N, I found that organization was key to making things go as smooth as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...