Monday, August 13, 2012

lessons I'm learning

A friend of mine told me that through the educating of her own children, God has taught her many things.  I appreciate that sweet lady taking the time from her busy life of being mom to 5 gorgeous kids to encourage me on our journey.

That being said, there is some truth to what she said!

I'm not at all a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kind of girl.  I need structure, and preferably, a schedule.  When those things fly out the window, I really don't much care for it.

I had some really good time talking to the Lord today, though.  Both this morning as I took Graham and Drew to school, and afterward, when my day started to go down.  It wasn't coincidental that I prayed for God to make me flexible today.  I prayed, specifically, for God to help me remain calm when things don't go as planned.  (This comes after a really rough night and morning last week.)

God might have given today to me as a gift to remind me of what I prayed. 

Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.  How we handle those moments is up to us.  We can freak out and be upset, which I was tempted to do today, or I could decide to go with the flow.

I chose the latter. 

Not that I will always choose to act that way, but I promise you, I will always remember today.  I know this isn't life-changing for most of you, and most of you already know this, but I was thankful for the lesson God showed me. 

Love to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...