Tuesday, July 10, 2012

tidbits

Last night when I went to bed, I left Jonah downstairs with Todd.  Jonah had requested that they watched "Locked Up Abroad".  So Todd changed the channel and they settled in to watch.  About twenty minutes after I had gone upstairs, Jonah came upstairs.  He told me the show had gotten a little too scary for him to be watching it at night.  Then (and this is the cute part I wanted to share) he told me that he prayed all the time that God would let him have good dreams at night.  But sometimes that prayer didn't work and he ended up having nightmares.  So he started praying that God would give him good dreams and good nightmares.  :-)

As I'm writing this (I've started and stopped lots and lots of times), Noah told me he wants to be the person in Petco who trains dogs.  Ever since he was little bitty, he has loved all animals.  I believe that kids are given certain gifts, and I've discovered all of my boys'...one of Noah's is his way with animals.  :-)  My sweet boy is so precious.

I was in a bad mood last night.  I don't really know why.  I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner and was wondering why in the world I had a mood change all of a sudden.  I think it was Evil Knievel's fault...at least, that's what I'm going to blame it on.  He had two accidents yesterday...and the second one was out of pure defiance.  Grrrr.  It's really hard remembering that he is still a puppy.  Anyway, as I was putting leftovers in the fridge, I saw this Bible verse I have written on an index card:

"Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit."  Proverbs 15:4

I am so thankful I saw that.  (That's the whole point of them being posted on my fridge...they're there for all of us to see.)  It reminded me that my bad mood was not anybody's fault...so instead of me making everyone around me miserable, I just didn't say a lot.  Todd did later tell me that he prefers me to be cheerful.  ;-) 

I saw a little thing from Graham last night that made my heart melt.  As the big brother in the house, he's often not very nice to his siblings.  But last night he came into my room to tell me what Jonah had said about "Locked Up Abroad".  He was laughing, and he told me that what Jonah had said was funny.  I encouraged him, as the older brother, to assure Jonah that he had nothing to be afraid of.  Jonah just told me that he did.  I love it when they're nice to each other.

Drew, God love his little heart, is hilarious.  I don't even think he means to be.  I just think that he's ditzy.  In a good way of course.  He has some endearing little qualities that I love.  The way he is quick to ask if I need help, the way he hugs me and offers to give me lots of kisses all over my face, the way he is always so sweet to Jonah and Noah and their friends...I'm just naming a few.  He is quite the entertainer around here...and he keeps us laughing. 

I'm thankful for each of these boys that God has given me.  I pray that their childhood is amazing, and I pray that someday when they have kids, that their memories are good and filled with laughter.  I know that I will forever treasure these times that God has given me with them. 

Love to all. 




No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...