Friday, June 15, 2012

random

Have you heard about the controversial book series, Fifty Shades of Grey?  I had not even heard of them until about a month ago...and I don't know how I missed it, because I am a book nerd.  Well, I have heard about them now.  And I am determined not to read the series.  Here's a really great blog on why I'm not: http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2012/06/wifey-wednesday-50-shades-of-grey-is-bad-for-your-marriage/.

If you've read them, I am not judging you...please know that.  I'm just sharing why I'm not reading them.  And check out this woman's blog...if you need help in the area of "spice" in your marriage, she has some great, Godly things you can read about.  She encourages us to use our husbands...not erotica.

Moving on.

One thing you may not know about me is that I have issues with my mouth.  Not as in cursing, but in what I say.  I have this really bad habit of thinking something, then saying it.  And sometimes I direct it at my poor, unsuspecting husband.  I try and warn him when I might be in a bad mood, but sometimes things just fly out of my mouth.  The Bible study I did (by Beth Moore) on the book of James helped me with this...and so does actually reading my Bible and praying.  The Old Testament doesn't have lots to say about how to control our mouths, but it does have lots to say about knowing that God is with us always...even in the moments when we need to watch what we say. 

Trust me, I am no expert in this area.  And I have lots of areas that still need improvement.  But I am a work in progress.  I'm so thankful that the Lord cares about every little detail of my life...He is there to get me through times like these. 

Father's day is coming up...and I need to do some shopping before heading back home!  I'm thinking Phyllis, the boys and I might sneak out tonight to Branson Landing.  Noah saw something the other day in a candy store that he really wants to buy Todd for Father's day.  How do you appreciate the men in your life?  This year will be different since we're out of town.  We'll be going home on Saturday, but that means I might have to celebrate with my Dad on a week night.  I think we're celebrating with my stepdad Sunday night.  At least I hope so.  ;-) 

Well, I need to go wake some boys up.  We have some fun that needs to be had at the water park today.  Happy Friday and love to all!

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...