Sunday, June 24, 2012

peaceful Sunday

Our family is half its original size.  Todd, Graham and Drew are on their way to a week of middle school youth camp in Kentucky.  After a very crazy, chaotic morning, the rest of today was peaceful. 

At least, according to Jonah. 

We got home from sending them on their way, and cried for thirty minutes.  After that, we ate lunch, then went swimming at our neighbor's.  We got there, and once Jonah was in the pool, he said, "It's so peaceful today.  Graham and Drew are always so loud when they're with us." 

Out of the mouths of babes.  :-) 

And it did turn into a peaceful afternoon.  Once all the tears stopped flowing (we do NOT enjoy saying goodbye), I was able to finish my Nicholas Sparks book, and we all swam together.  Mostly, I was entertained by Jonah and Noah.  I love their little imaginations.  They were pretending to be lifeguards, and they "made" their own jet ski's. 

I love that when these two are together, they do not fight.  I can count on one hand how many times they've actually fought.  It hasn't been often.  They are their own little people, and their relationship is so different than that of regular brothers.  I love that about them. 

Now that we're out of the pool, we're about to go to my Mom's house.  :-)  I am so thankful they invited us over for dinner...it's just what we need after getting our day off to a sad start. 

I hope your weekend has been great.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...