Friday, May 11, 2012

What Made My Friday Night Great

Tonight was a wonderful night.  Jonah and Noah were invited to a boys/girls (their FIRST!!!) swimming birthday party.  While they were gone, Drew's friend Nate came over to spend the night. 

We had comfort food for dinner.  Including homemade macaroni and cheese.  Yummy!!!

I changed into my comfy clothes before we even ate.  :-)

Our background noise was the sound of three (two almost and one) teenaged boys laughing and talking about their friends and girls they think are pretty.  At one time, it was silent in the kitchen as they all sat around the table playing a game on their iPod's. 

Todd and I watched American Idol.  :-)  Joshua Ledet made me cry with his rendition of You Raise Me Up. 

I re-painted my nails.  I was planning on using a manicure/pedicure gift certificate my husband gave me this weekend, but I decided to do them myself and save the certificate for another time.  My color of choice is the same goldish/green from last week, Just Spotted The Lizard.

Todd is filling out the last of our paperwork for Jonah's and Noah's fourth grade year of school...as homeschoolers!  I am so excited, I can't see straight.  I cannot wait to try this out and see how all of us like it.  And with the transition of the city and county school merging this year, we could not have picked a better time.  I am so thankful for God's wisdom and guidance.  Every step of our way thus far has been directed by Him. 

Speaking of the homeschool thing, I talked with a good friend of mine today who will also be doing the same thing we are next school year.  Our boys are excited to already have friends they know who will be around for group sessions and field trips.  !!!

Jonah and Todd have this thing on Friday nights...they get all caught up on "their" dvr'd shows from the week.  Their favorites are Whale Wars, Alaska State Troopers and Coast Guard Alaska.  (Do you see a theme??)  It warms my heart. 

Todd is explaining to Jonah as I write this that even though he loves the show Whale Wars, he does not agree with their beliefs.  It's sweet how he takes the time with our kids to explain things...and he even stops what he's doing and turns around and makes eye contact with them.  Sigh.  What a man.  I'm so blessed. 

Well.  That's about all I've got.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and for all the mama's reading this, Happy Mother's Day!  You rock. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...