Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thankful

It is a gorgeous day!  I am writing this before seven a.m.  I just sent Todd, Jonah and Noah off to the A-Day game...Alabama's spring training game day.  I kissed goodbye three very excited boys...because Todd is just a big boy himself.  I'm really not sure who was more excited.

While those boys are out having fun watching football, Graham, Drew and I will be at the lacrosse field.  A.L.L. D.A.Y.  It's okay, though...I wouldn't have it any other way.  At least all these games today are at home.  There are three...one at nine, one at eleven and the last one is at five.  Yikes...in between these, I need to feed them and go to the grocery store!  If we want to eat tonight, that is...and we do. 

I'm feeling thankful this morning.  I remembered a verse that I would like to share:

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:18

In everything...be thankful. 

I am sure that I take for granted all these little moments to be thankful for...and when it's something that's not entirely pleasant, that is the last thing I'm thinking about.  But in everything...in all circumstances...we are to be thankful. 

So today, I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband who is also a wonderful father to his boys, and who is active and involved in their lives.  He is their dad, their coach and their biggest advocate. 

I am thankful that he is healthy enough to be able to keep up with them.  And healthy enough to enjoy them. 

I am thankful that my boys are good boys...I "catch" them doing good things when nobody else is watching.  When nobody else is even around.  My dad can attest to that. 

I am thankful that they are polite, respectful and know how to have fun. 

I am also thankful that they are laid-back.  They always have been that way.  Don't get me wrong, there are moments when they can act crazy, but for the most part, they're pretty mild mannered. 

It's another day to be alive...it's another day to make the most of. 

How will you? 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...