Sunday, March 11, 2012

I have a teenager???

Graham,

I remember the first time I ever laid eyes on you...I fell in love instantly.  I never thought my love would be so strong, and so instantly.  But it was...you were the greatest gift I'd ever received.  I always knew you were special...from the very start.  You had these big blue eyes that could melt my heart, and when you slept...you looked like an angel.  I used to pick you up while you were sleeping and just sit and hold you and stare at your beautiful little self.

I never knew that you would so quickly become a big brother, but you did...at a mere thirteen months old.  And what an amazing big brother you were!  You loved to 'hold' Drew, and you loved to help me when I was changing him.  You would bring me diapers, or wipes, or burp cloths.  I could always count on you to organize the changing table, too...I think that might have been your favorite thing...to empty out the shelves, and refold everything.

You loved drinking from your bottles...we used the kind of bottle that used bags to hold the liquid, and you figured out how to suck the liquid out like it was a straw...and your most favorite thing to drink was tea.  You loved Veggie Tales, and you loved cheese.  You hated your crib and never slept in it...most nights you would fall asleep on our living room couch.  And that continued until the first night that Drew ever slept in your room.  I think he was eighteen months old, so you would have been two and a half.  That night you little guys were snug as two little bugs in a rug...and from that night on, you loved sleeping together.

I remember your fourth birthday like it was yesterday...you had just met your little twin brothers for the first time the day before (THEIR birthday) and you were so unbelievably sick.  You had strep throat and a fever that went up to 103.  It was a sad day...because you felt so bad, and because I was in the hospital.  Your dad stayed with you all that day, though and just loved on you.  I felt so guilty that I couldn't be there, that I spent most of that day crying.

Over the years you have grown into an amazing young man.  You've become a fearless leader, and you are one of the top students in your grade.  Your teachers love you and are amazed at your kind, helpful ways, and they know if they ever need anything that you are the one to ask.  You are smart, friendly, dependable and talented...at many things, but mostly at singing, playing the piano and playing percussion.  We are so proud of you.

I know you've struggled with friends over the years, but as your Pappaw says...one day you will be the one that everyone wants to be friends with.  The smart one, the athletic one, the kindest one...the most well-rounded one.  You are the one who always volunteers to pray, and you are one that told me you were called to ministry.  I don't know what that means, or what might be in your future...but whatever it is, I know God has big plans for you.

We are so proud of you, and we love you so much.  So do your brothers...when you're not pestering them, that is.  ;)  Because as sweet as you can be, you're still bossy and sometimes mean.  I know you're working on that...and I know that you have been for the past few months, and you have come a long way.  I know you mean well, and I know that you have good intentions.

I thank God for every single second I get to be your mom.  I don't ever want to take a single moment for granted...and I pray that you always walk with, serve and love the Lord.  I pray that you always cling to your favorite Bible verse.  Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.

I pray that girls continue to love and embarrass you.  ;)  I know you love it.

I pray that you follow and achieve all your dreams and passions...whether it be cooking or coaching.

I love you to the moon and back and am blessed to have you in my life.  We all are.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...