Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthdays

I am relieved this weekend is over!  Three birthdays in two days is a lot.  Not stress-wise, but money-wise.  Even though we don't really spend a lot on birthdays, when you have three that close, you can't help it! 

I was so happy that Jonah and Noah had such a great birthday party.  They each chose two friends to spend the night...Ben, Jake, Pearson and Andy.  Jake had to leave around ten, though, because he had an early morning flight to catch.  Our parties are always very low-key and stress free. 

For their party, all I do is let them choose the food they eat, the cake I make, and the friends that come over.  For Friday night's menu, Jonah and Noah agreed on pigs'n'blankets.  I made cupcakes...chocolate and yellow...and they iced their own.  Because it's fun for nine-year old boys.  And easy for their mama!  The kids arrived, they played, they ate, they played outside some more, we had birthday cupcakes, they opened presents, and back outside they went. 

We were amazingly blessed with fabulous weather.  Thank You, Jesus.

They did sleep some...a little bit, and Noah is still recuperating from his lack of sleep.  He slept on the way to Mimi's tonight.  ;)  They also napped at my mom's house last night...which is completely unheard of. 

Saturday morning dawned and I rolled out of bed at eight.  Not because I was woken up, because I wasn't.  I just woke up.  These boys were awesome and were so quiet.  I made blue pancakes for breakfast (per Jonah's request) and they played outside again. 

Then the last of the sweet boys left. 

Easy schmeasy. 

Since today was Graham's 13th birthday, we decided to do things a little differently.  And because of this being Spring break, most of his friends are out of town.  We decided to let Jonah and Noah spend the night with Mimi and Papa (and so they could celebrate with them tomorrow) and Drew went to his friend, Will's, house.  Todd and I took Graham downtown to Texas de Brazil.  And ate and ate and ate some more. 

It was so worth it just to see the look on his face every time he tried a bite of something new. 

He opted to do this instead of his party. 

He also chose to get money, instead of an actual 'gift'. 

And Drew opted to get his present early. 

Their brand new 4th generation white iPod touches are on their way...or will be tomorrow.  This is what they bought with all their money they've been saving. 

And with the little bit left over that Graham had, he bought a pocket knife.  A massively huge pocket knife that made my heart skip a beat...but he is a 13 year old boy, now, and according to his dad, needed to be initiated into manhood. 

With a flippin' huge pocket knife. 

But anyway.

It's been an amazing weekend.  And it's Spring break! 

All this being said, this mama is plain worn out.  I need my bed and my book. 

Love to all.

2 comments:

Christa said...

i love reading about your boys and about their parties. i hope I can remember things like you remember when I am a mom someday. Your boys are so special and dearly loved. Can't wait to see you in June!! (hopefully earlier in March!)

Jennifer Goodwin said...

You're so sweet to say all that...you will be a WONDERFUL mama someday!! And you will SO be great at the party thing...as much as you love people and entertaining and planning...you have no worries, my friend! I love you! I am counting down!!!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...