Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bible Study

This Bible study that Beth Moore wrote on James is U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E.  And so different than how I thought it would go...but so much better than I imagined! 

If you get the chance to do this study, DO IT!  I promise you will not be dumber when you're through.  :) 

Days four and five this week stood out for me.  Day four was on James 3:6-12, on the tongue being such a small part of the body, but the one part that can praise God and curse men.  You all know by now (at least I hope so!) how much I love my sweet Jesus.  But you also know that when one of my boys' is wronged, I go crazy.  Perfect example of how James talks about the fact that fresh water and salt water cannot flow from the same spring. 

Yet it happens. 

The solution?  PRAY.  Stay in God's word and read this part of James over and over and over until my thick head gets it.  She says this one thing that really got me:

"I have been one bitter woman in the course of my life and I'm not anymore. That is the sweetness of redemption and a miracle of God if I've ever experienced one."

She wrote that, but really...I could have written it.  It's so true.  I was bitter...and angry...and resentful.  BUT GOD CHANGED ME.  He can change anybody!  I hope that He's changed me so much that people won't believe that I used to be that way.  I pray that's so.  I pray I never forget this, either.  

Day five was really good, too.  That day was on James 3:13-18.  I just want to share what it says:

"Who is wise and understanding among you?  Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.  But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.  Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil.  For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.  But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.  Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." 

Let it be so.  Lord, let it be so.  May God always make me pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...