Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekly Meals

It's Friday and week one of being completely ready for dinner each night was a huge success! 

Sadly, we were only home for three nights...well, four I guess, but Wednesday night was so fast that I'm not counting it.

Here's what we had, in case anyone is interested. 

Monday night was Herbed Shrimp Pasta and bread drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and dill weed. 

8 oz angel hair pasta
1 cup butter
1 1/2 lbs peeled shrimp
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups half and half
1/2 cup chopped parsely
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh dillweed (optional...I left this out)

Cook pasta according to directions.  Drain, set aside.
Melt butter over medium high heat, add shrimp and garlic.
Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink. 
Remove shrimp and set aside, reserving garlic and butter.
Add half and half, bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until thickened.
Add shrimp, parsely, salt, pepper and dillweed.  Stir until blended.  Serve over pasta.  Yield: 6 servings.

It was so good!  I bookmarked it to let me know to cook this again.

Tuesday night we had Creamy Chicken Casserole.

3 cups cooked chicken
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 T poppy seeds
1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (1 sleeve)
1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine first 4 ingredients; spoon into lightly greased casserole dish (11x7).  Combine crushed crackers and butter, and sprinkle over chicken mixture.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes.  Yield: 4 servings.

I've made this before, but man was it good again.  It's been a while.  Jonah wasn't thrilled with it, but he did manage to choke it down.  (I know, right?)  I served this with salad and homemade dressing, which only Drew and I ate.

Wednesday night we had church, so for that night I made hot turkey and cheese sammy's.  

Thursday night we had dinner with my in-love's.  Thanks, Phyllis!
 
Tonight we are having hot dogs and macaroni and cheese...per their request.  BUT, the mac'n'cheese is homemade.  So yummy!!  The ultimate comfort food.  If you would like the recipe for that, click here.  

Tomorrow night is dinner with my Mom and Bill and Sunday night is...I don't know.  Maybe dinner with Travis and Katie?  Again?

This has been a successful week, and for that I am thankful.  And I'm thankful Jonah is still breathing.  Because this kid's eating habits are enough to make a nun curse.  

Happy weekend!  Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY for you and your meal planning!! I have done good this week too! :) I am going to try that Shrimp Pasta. Sounds yummy!! Thanks for posting the recipe. We have a house full of picky eaters... and none of them like the same things so it's rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?? It's a HUGE accomplishment, trust me. I feel like I'm usually all over the place, and then totally unprepared for dinner. The kids loved the pasta...it is something we will only have every once in a blue moon because of how bad it is! I'm planning lighter stuff this week. Hopefully that will be successful, too. I have a notepad that I'm using to keep track of what I've made and when, and whether or not they liked it to help me. I always have a bad habit of getting stuck in the same rut with dinner. Hopefully things are changing. :) I have two picky eaters...well, one is changing, but Jonah is horrible. Even he loved it.

    Good luck! Yay for you having a successful week, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...