Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday

I know it's going to be a good day when I wake up before my alarm goes off!  It's a good thing, too...since today is hair-washing day.  (I don't wash my hair everyday...sometimes I go three or four days without doing it.  Washing curly hair dries it out really bad, and since mine is already very dry...and colored...well, you get my drift.) 

I have decided that I have a love/hate relationship with Evil Knievel/Crash.  I think that dogs just have bad days sometimes.  Goodness knows I do...it makes sense for dogs, too.  Thank you to my sweet friend, Kathy, that told me this yesterday at work.  She works in our school's front office, and she almost always has some kind of wisdom for me...whether it be for my kids or my dogs.  She is a foster parent for golden retrievers...so she knows a lot about our furry friends.

Today is awards day for seventh grade.  I am glad that Drew is okay with Graham getting one and the fact that he didn't.  I just stopped writing to tell him how proud of him I am.  I don't need an award with his name on it telling me how smart he is...I already know that he is smart.  Unfortunately, a C in reading in the first nine weeks messed it up for him...but he has since pulled that way up.  I am proud of them both.  :)

I love making lunches for my kids.  Today I packed an amazing lunch for Graham and Drew.  Salad, chicken tenders for the salad, croutons to go in it, chips and a dessert.  They are so excited about lunch today.  (And dinner tonight...my kids LOVE pork chops!)  I am finding out that the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is true. 

I have given in and started taking Graham and Drew to school everyday.  I am glad, since I found out their bus driver was suspended for cursing a student out.  (Not judging her, because I couldn't put up with some of those kids...just thankful that my kids have a nice, calm environment riding to school now.)

I am starting to LOVE Thursdays!!!  I never thought I would say that, but I do!  Our afternoons are insanely busy, but I love them.  We go from picking JUST Jonah and Noah up from school, to lacrosse practice, to the chiropractor, and then to my in-love's house for dinner.  I am sucker for traditions...and this one is becoming one of my favorites. 

I have to go...must wake up Jonah and Noah and get Graham and Drew off to school.  Happy Tuesday!  Love to all!

*Lord, I pray that today you clothe me in gentleness, kindness, patience and humility.  All for Your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...