Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Morning Random

I read a friend's blog yesterday and was leaving a comment when I thought of this statement: if you stay in the Word, the Word stays in you.  Isn't that true?  If we take that time to read God's Word, we will be so encouraged.  Especially if you read in the New Testament.  Or the book of Psalm. 

I actually got up and made breakfast.  I know, right?  It is Saturday, though.  I made turkey bacon and crescent rolls.  I don't know what it is with that combo, but my kids love it.  And what is UP with me and this cooking binge?  My kids like it, though.  :)

I am happy when my house is full.  I love that my kids love to have their friends over.  I think we're pretty fun to hang out with, too.  You never know when I might randomly burst into song.  :)  I make up little ditty's all the time at my kids, and when their friends are here, well...I might as well sing to them, too, right?

I am watching CMT music videos right now.  The song God Gave Me You is on right now...by Blake Shelton.  I love this song!  And yes, I know it's not new...I've heard it plenty of times, I just really like it.

I'm thinking of going back to being a brunette.  I know, right?  I've lost count on how much my hair color has changed in the past year or three.

So, in watching CMT, I see a commercial for My Big Redneck Vacation?  Really?  Okay...if I am what I watch, then I might be in trouble. 

Todd took Graham to lacrosse practice this morning.  The other five boys that are here are in my front yard playing "capture the flag".  I looked outside and saw that they were across the street searching in Mr. Dan's flower bed.  Yikes...they're at least back on my side of the street now.  I wonder if they're frozen yet.  They've been outside for 45 minutes, and my computer says that it's a balmy 32 degrees.  (It was sixty-five last night.)

Graham and I made cake balls last night.  Shut your mouth.  They are unbelievably delicious.  It's a good thing they're a royal pain in the rump, because I will not be making them again for a long time.  You take a boxed cake mix and bake it according to the instructions.  Once the cake has been baked and is completely cooled off, you mix an entire container of the frosting of your choice into the crumbled cake mixture.  Once that's all mixed (you have to use your hands, which I hated but Graham loved), form them into balls.  I made mine a little bigger because I was already over this whole process.  Once the balls are formed, you melt any kind of candy coating you prefer.  I used all chocolate (cake, frosting and candy coating).  Once the coating hardens, enjoy!

They were (still ARE) amazing. 

I told you...I'm on this cooking binge.  These cake balls are a huge hit with all these boys I have in my house.  Well, except for the one (Hopper, we like to call him) that doesn't like chocolate. 

Laundry is calling my name.  And my nails...I need to redo them all.  And my Bible reading...can't forget that.  My Youversion app is blinking at me from my phone, so I'll do that first.  Enjoy your day!  Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...