Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Listening

Wow, God.  It's all I can say.  Well, except for what I'm about to write.  ;-)

I was listening to the Klove morning show as I was getting dressed, and I heard the d.j.'s talking about how the words "restore" and "renew" are being used in the medical field today.  In a fad sort of way.  Even as I heard them say that, I could think back on recently hearing the words, "renew your mind" in the past few weeks.  Have you heard them spoken?  Or seen them written?


I'm on day twelve of my Chronological Bible in a year.  The only reason I even tell you that is because (without even knowing it) you are my motivation.  My accountability.  I cannot do something so important to me without some accountability.  So, even if you might not have known it until now, thank you.  :)

Anyway, in today's reading, I am still in the book of Job.  I am shocked at all I am getting out of this book!  I've read it all before, but something about it this time around is just jumping out at me, almost every single day.  I wanted to share with you what I got today.  (And please know that what I am writing is at myself...not you...I don't ever want you to think I'm "preaching" at you.  It's usually for me, and I get so excited that I have to share it.)

I read chapters 32, 33 and 34 today.  At this point in the book, Job has spoken his peace, his "friends" have spoken their peace, and now it's Elihu's turn to speak up.  He's kept silent up till now because of his age.  He is much younger than the other friends, and only when they've finished does he speak.  And I love what he has to say!

The first verse that jumped out at me was in Chapter 32, verse 8. 

"But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding.

I wish I could give a number as to how many times I have prayed, asking for wisdom and understanding.  And I always get it...maybe not the wisdom or understanding that I thought I was going to get...but God's wisdom and understanding.  At those times, I have to simply trust Him...that His way is much better than my way.  And yes, that is very hard.  But He always uses it in some way that I might or might not understand.  The key is to trust.  Do you? 

The next verses are totally appropriate for my blog.  I love to write and share what is on my heart.  I know that not everyone believes Who and What I believe in, but that's okay.  My prayer is that what you read on here will plant a seed in your heart, and that someday you will remember some of God's truth. 

Job 32:18  "For I am full of words, and the spirit within me compels me." 

Job 33:3&4  "My words come from an upright heart; my lips sincerely speak what I know.  The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." 

I have good intentions when I write.  I promise. 

I love this next one:

Job 33:14  "For God does speak-now one way, now another-though man may not perceive it." 

He has the capability of speaking to everyone...the key is to listen.  He speaks to me through His word.  I have to read it and listen for it, though.  I do that by asking Him to give me a word for the day...and most times He does.  (John 1:1  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.")

Are you listening?  Some days I really have to strain my ears, and still I don't hear Him.  It's all about the condition of my heart for that day.  Some days I rush through my quiet time, other days I really soak it up.

This next one is that fad medical term I was telling you about. 

Job 33:26  "He prays to God and finds favor with Him, he sees God's face and shouts for joy; he is restored by God to his righteous state." 

Be renewed.  Be restored.  We are all made in His image, and that makes us righteous.  (2 Corinthians 5:21  "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.")

Job 34:4  "Let us discern for ourselves what is right; let us learn together what is good."  

He gave man free will.  I think that speaks for itself.

Job 34:21  "His eyes are on the ways of men; He sees their every step."

Not just how we are in church on Sunday.  Our every step.  How we are at home when nobody's watching.  How we speak to our husbands.  How we speak to our kids.  I don't know about you, but that makes me cringe from guilt!  I have to pray Psalm 19:14 all the time.  "May the words of my mouth and meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." 

That one verse covers all the bases...what I say and what I think.  Yikes.  I am guilty!  But He is not done with me. 

I'm so thankful for that...He is molding me and shaping me into what He wants me to be.  I just have to read His word.  I have to seek His will.  And in the chaos of my life, I have to listen.   

I challenge you to listen for Him today. 

Happy Tuesday and love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...