Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Meaning of Christmas

We know what the meaning of Christmas is.  My kids know what the meaning of Christmas is.  One of my favorite Bible verses that I memorized in 2011 (and my very first for the year) is James 1:17: All generous giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with Whom there is no variation or the slightest hint of change.

I love what gift giving symbolizes: that God gave us the ultimate gift, His son, so that we could have eternal life. 

I love what Christmas time is: family.  Lots and lots of family. 

It's not rushing around, finding the perfect gifts (although we did some of that too, we just didn't make a big deal out of it).  It is about quality time spent with those you love the most. 





Like these.  And all the other ones in my family I didn't get pictures of. 

When I think back to some of my favorite times as a young child, they were always when I was with my family. 




It's about being together. 

It's about dinners shared around a table.

It's about time spent talking.  And laughing.  And enjoying one another. 

I don't want my kids to remember time spent doing foolish things.  I want them to remember how much we loved being with our family. 

(And if you're reading this and you're in my family, but not pictured here, please don't be upset.  I have other pics of you all, but they're on my phone.  And I'm writing this while the boys are all sleeping.  Just know that you're included.)

How did you spend your Christmas? 

My beautiful niece Amanda is the one that inspired this blog post.  She wrote a gorgeous portrayal of her Christmas spent with her husband and my darling grand-niece, Claire.  You can click HERE to read what they did to celebrate.  Thanks for the inspiration, Amanda.  :) 

Love to all.

1 comment:

amanda said...

you are most welcome! Loved reading this and seeing all of the beautiful pictures- looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...