Tuesday, November 15, 2011

to love or not to love

Please be nice to me.  Especially when I am nice to you.  Even when I don't feel like it.  (This is meant for the people I don't know who are rude to me when I tell them our policies at school regarding lunch visitors.)  You can hate the message, but don't hate the messenger.

I do NOT love cupcakes for birthdays.  At school, I mean, for birthday treats.  I love the cookies and little individually wrapped treats.  And donuts...we love donuts!  So easy to pass out...and not messy.

I don't love red drinks.  They stain floors...just think of what they do to the insides. 

I love having the opportunity every day to love on my kids.  And all "my" other kids.  Well...most days, anyway.  ;-)

I love the sounds of a puppy snoring.  It means he's not doing anything bad at the moment.  I also love friends who loan me their dog kennels.  This thing has been a lifesaver. 

I love that my kids have jam packed calendars.  Most of which takes place in the mornings or afternoons before school.  I am so thankful that my kids love going to school.

I do not love hearing about some of the ugliness that goes on.  I pray that God will always guard their hearts, their minds, their eyes and their ears.  As I write that, I'm thinking of a song I sang as a child. 

"Oh be careful little ears, what you hear!
Oh be careful little ears, what you hear!
For the Father up above
is looking down in love.
Oh be careful little ears what you hear!"

I know He will guard them.  I pray they always walk with Him and in His ways. 

Well, I have to go sign people in as lunch visitors.  Love to all.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Sorry you've had some rude lunch visitors to deal with recently. :( I know it's hard when you are just the messenger trying to do your job.
I take it I shouldn't send cupcakes piled high with bright red frosting to school for Kendall's birthday next year??!! ;-)

Jennifer Goodwin said...

It's okay...just a part of it. HA! Don't you dare. :) Mrs. Plummer had a non-lotta-icing cupcake drawing on her chalkboard on parent night when Graham and Drew were in her class three and four years ago. I always think of her when I see cupcakes. :)

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...