Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Break...Time to Leave!

We spent a good part of the evening last night loading the trailer.  Yes, we go camping pulling a trailer.  If we didn't pull the thing, we couldn't take all that we have to take. 

Todd and Travis were fooling around with the trailer hitch, so I was told that I could come in.  So I did.  To a huge mess of what looked like pee all over our kitchen floor.  We promptly got Andy out the door (because only he could produce that much) and started cleaning up.  Bless Drew's and Jonah's hearts.  They did most of the cleaning and I supervised, standing by with the washing machine lid open. 

We got it all cleaned up, though. 

I came in the living room to sit down and get on the computer for a minute.  Noah asked if he could have a glass of tea.  I said yes, so off he went.  Only to come right back and ask me could I please make some more, because there was only a tiny amount left.  Thinking that surely couldn't be right, I sent Graham in to double check.  (I had just poured another gallon in our new pull-out pitcher thing that Todd bought me.  That meant that when we ate dinner, there were 2 and a half gallons of tea in that thing.)

Guess what?  Noah was right.  And the huge mess that we thought Andy had made all over the floor was actually tea.  Not only had it been on the floor, it was also in the refrigerator.  And in the shelves in the door. 

The good news is that now my refrigerator is very nice and organized and clean.  :)

The bad news?  Well, all of the above.

Graham had poured our tea at dinner, and after you're finished filling the glasses, you have to make sure you push it back on the shelf before you shut the door.  If you don't, the door will bump the little spout, thus spilling tea all over sweet kingdom come. 

I'm done now. 

I'm enjoying a little quiet before I get up and start moving around.  I'm about to refill my coffee, and then I'll have to finish up on the last bit of laundry, then Todd and I have to pack.  I've made all my lists and checked them twice.  Have I mentioned how much work is involved going camping?  I'm trying very hard not to forget anything.  I keep adding little minor things...you know, like towels for when we shower. 

Well...I don't know when I'll write again, unless I can do it from my phone.  Which is quite possible, but I'm probably not going to do that while we're gone.  Enjoy the rest of your week (and your break, if your kids are off)!  I know we will.  I hope we don't freeze our tails off!  It was cold here last night, and that was all I kept thinking...

We'll be making some memories, for sure!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...