Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm Thankful

For the freedom I have in Christ Jesus.  I don't have to worry about saving myself, or seeming perfect in the eyes of the world...I get to be me...flawed, broken and in constant need of His hand in my life.

For a Christian radio station.  I seriously do NOT know what I would do without the blessing of Klove. 

For a day that my kids get to meet other kids around the flag pole at their school and pray for their friends, their school and their city. 

For the promises that comes from God in His word...just this morning I read in Isaiah about the ministry of Jesus Christ.  He came to preach the good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to comfort all who mourn and provide for those who grieve, to bestow a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of despair.  (Taken from Isaiah 61:1-3)

For the right to be able to pray with a group of amazing friends.  My Mom's in Touch group has blessed my life in so many ways...and if I need someone to pray for something...then I can call them.  These ladies love the Lord with all their hearts, souls, minds and strength.  God is so good for bringing them into my life. 

Quiet time in the morning...my favorite way to spend my morning is in God's word...and I am loving the new Bible study I started last Wednesday night at church.  I love the homework more than anything...it brings me so much closer to God and I feel like I get to know Him better through it. 

Praise and worship cd's.  Enough said.  Current favorite: Gateway Worship.  Ahmaaaaaaazing.

Being able to help out in First Kids' Church...and worshiping alongside almost 200 kids this past Sunday morning.  Those little guys bless my socks off...and make me wish I could rewind and go back to First Kids' Camp.  I am counting down till next year. 

My amazing family.  I love them so much it hurts.  I am so blessed to be able to drive them to school, to make their lunches, to cook dinner for them, to buy their favorite foods for them, to be able to be home with them when they come home from school...I love the honor and privilege of being a wife and mother.  I was called to do exactly this...my daily life.  I praise God that He has shown me the effectiveness of that calling and I am blessed because of it.

Well...I must go.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...